Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2007, 01:02 PM   #1

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Should i have no high end torque after disconnecting battery?

Well i disconnected my battery for more than 15 minutes before diving nose deep into a DIY repair for my horn. When i put everything back together and let the car idle for a bit, set my time and entered the radio code. I went for a drive and noticed that i have no pull/torque past 4000 RPMs. Is this normal, should the torque come back after a certain amount of miles? I drove more than 70 miles already and still not pull/torque past 4000 RPM range. The torque feels way to linear and flat, I feel nearly no g's when accelerating past 4000 rpm's.

I did however forget that i left ignition switch in the ON position when i was working in the 2 torx screws behind the steering wheel, to keep the steering lock disabled, Then reconnected the battery with the ignition in the ON position by accident... Could that have jacked something up?

Right now, i just disconnected the battery, im going to let it sit for maybe 30-40 minutes and hopefully that clears anything stuff up.

UPDATE: after letting it sit for 1hr with the battery disconnected, no change, still no torque pasted 4k rpm's. The sluggishness feels alot like when my MAF needed to be cleaned.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:06 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
Well i disconnected my battery for more than 15 minutes before diving nose deep into a DIY repair for my horn. When i put everything back together and let the car idle for a bit, set my time and entered the radio code. I went for a drive and noticed that i have no pull/torque past 4000 RPMs. Is this normal, should the torque come back after a certain amount of miles? I drove more than 70 miles already and still not pull/torque past 4000 RPM range. The torque feels way to linear and flat, I feel nearly no g's when accelerating past 4000 rpm's.

I did however forget that i left ignition switch in the ON position when i was working in the 2 torx screws behind the steering wheel, to keep the steering lock disabled, Then reconnected the battery with the ignition in the ON position by accident... Could that have jacked something up?

Right now, i just disconnected the battery, im going to let it sit for maybe 30-40 minutes and hopefully that clears anything stuff up.
Yikes!! havn't heard thast one yet!! the electronics should be tough enough to handle the power cycling...

skip_168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:38 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
UPDATE: Cleaned the MAF with CRC Mass AirFlow Cleaner purchased from Pepboys and then disconnected battery for 15 seconds and all it well. All the power came back... Im thinking im just going to dump my K&N filter for the trueflow foam/sponge filter. Although i have no oil on the K&N i think it might be letting debris in thats causing the MAF to act up, this is the 2nd time i had to clean the New MAF in a 9 month period.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote