Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2007, 11:15 AM   #1

Stereo Upgrade Options

Hi,

I have recently bought a '99 Boxster (hence the start of the bad weather). One of the things that I want to change or upgrade is the stereo.
My car has the CDR 22 head unit, the sound pack which includes a 4x40w amp and the door speakers.
I think that the speakers will be sufficiant for now, but after using the CDR 22 for a couple of days and reading the manual I think that I would prefer something a little more advanced.
Can anyone let me know if there are any makes that have compatibility issues with this car/setup?

Can the factory fitted CD Changer cables be used with other makes? They look the same as ones that I had with a Sony changer a few years back, but they may be generic to many makes.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice

gtuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:56 PM   #2

There is a wealth of info here, search for it. But quickly, you MAY be able to use the factory CD changer with a Sony head, but probably not. In my opinion (I am a big audio guy) if you're going to upgrade just do it all. You dont have to spend much to significantly improve the sound quality in these cars.

Patrick

Cloudsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote