Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2007, 05:36 PM   #1

Miles/Kilometres to go - Temp

My instrument gauge used to read the Outside Air Temperature, it has now somehow changed to reading the Kilometres remaining on the gas tank.

How can I set it back to the original, I don't to my knowledge have the mode change switch fitted.

Its a 98 2.7 Boxster. Any ideas please.

bugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:44 PM   #2

Hi,

You must have the OBC (Onboard Computer) Option - 2 stalks on the Steering Column. Move the stalk on the lower left either up or down to scroll through the functions.

If you don't have OBC, only 1 function can be displayed and this is often the Temp - turned on as a courtesy by the Dealer. If this is what you have, and the Display changed by itself, you have some kind of glitch and a Dealer will need to reset it.

If you lack the OBC Option, it is fairly easy to retrofit the necessary wiring and switch. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:37 PM   #3

Thanks for your reply, no I don't have the second stalk fitted, you have confirmed what I thought, a glitch has managed to change the OBC displayed setting.

I believe the second stalk just sets a momentary switch which steps through the display modes.

Do anyone happen to know the connections required?
bugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:24 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugman
Thanks for your reply, no I don't have the second stalk fitted, you have confirmed what I thought, a glitch has managed to change the OBC displayed setting.

I believe the second stalk just sets a momentary switch which steps through the display modes.

Do anyone happen to know the connections required?
Hi,

It isn't just an ordinary MOM Switch. It also allows you to reset several quantitative functions such as Fuel Consumption, Speed Gong (useless), etc.

Adding either the stalk or a MOM switch is fairly straightforward and can be done in about 1 to 1.5 Hrs.. PM me with an email addy and I can send you the procedure. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote