Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2007, 07:22 PM   #1

2.5 Turbo Question

I'm new here and completely new to Porsche and I was looking around at turbo kits for the 2.5 and none of them offer upgraded internals.

My question is this; are there any manufacturers that offer things such as lower compression pistons, rods, crank, etc. for the 2.5's?

I was looking into fabricating my own twin turbo kit for a 986 but I can't machine pistons and there's no way I could run more than 6psi on the stock compression (my target is 16 to 20 psi)

Thanks for any help.

Matt

Acepryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:27 PM   #2

http://turbowerx.com/page1/page3/page3.html

I have no idea if anyone is producing higher compression engine components... most are just upgrading to 3.4's in the old non-egas 986's.

I'm torn between a 3.4 upgrade or a SC kit or Turbo kit. The 3.4 costs more, but frankly, FI is really hard on an engine and I'd rather not be replacing my engine more than once.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:55 PM   #3

Hi,

Look into Schick Cams - They offer higher lift and greater duration which may, in themselves, negate the need for Forcing the Induction...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:56 PM   #4
boxsterz

I believe Venolia, RC, Arias etc.. can spec. a custom forged set with rings for under $1k.

I forget the name of the company that has a 2.5 kit for around 6k (current sale). They are supposed to have a 3.2 kit out this summer. From what I can tell, they are bolt on (no internal mods).