Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2007, 12:20 AM   #21

If the check engine light isn't on, and disconnecting the MAF doesn't help, consider the possibility of one or more plugged cat converters choking off the exhaust flow.

Driving it with severe exhaust restriction is bad, mmkay?

Sold September 4th, 2007.
Rodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:54 AM   #22

Quote :

If the check engine light isn't on, and disconnecting the MAF doesn't help, consider the possibility of one or more plugged cat converters choking off the exhaust flow.

To confirm :

I have similar problem.I thought the pervious owner took out the engine light bulbs and someother bulbs???Does anyone have any kind or similar to these kinda issues at all???Thank for any kinda of help

Last edited by l3adOne; 04-04-2007 at 11:14 AM.
l3adOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:24 PM   #23

My sister's boxster did the same thing

97 - Boxster. She had a check engine light. After she bought the car she drove it for maybe a week before taking it in for various services. It drove ok but it didn't make me thing "Holy crap porsche time!" well after taking it to the shop getting all kinds of filters replaced and a new MAF and new O2 sensors the damn little thing hauls. The other weekend it compared favorably to a 03 - S I was test driving so its no slouch. But after the dealer decided to be a dick and refuse to negotiate my parents thought it'd be cool for me to wait till august and I turn 25 before I get the car. Viva la insurance rate drops.

Why do haters enjoy calling the Boxster the poor mans porsche or a DX? Sometimes I just want to pull them aside and ask how they can even make the comments while driving CTSes and Civics

Hortos is offline   Reply With Quote