Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2007, 02:54 PM   #1

Window drops, but door won't open...

Went to unlock the car this weekend with the remote and when I lifted the handle (drivers side) the window dropped it's usual amount but the door wouldn't actually open. It acted like it was still locked. I let go of the handle and the window went back up. I locked it and unlocked it again with the remote and it still wouldn't open. I locked and unlocked it with the key instead of the remote and it worked correctly. Now it works normally with the remote too.

This is the 2nd time it's happened. The first time I thought I tried to open the door too fast and 'confused' it (like when someone has the handle up on a door and you try to remote unlock it). Now I'm careful not to do that.

Any ideas what this is a harbinger of failure for?

http://foo21.no-ip.info/boxster/boxster_sig_2.jpg
This isn't the Boxster you're looking for...
kelly1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:06 PM   #2

Not sure if this will help but if the car sits for 5 days or more you have to open with the key. It goes into some security mode.
Joe T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:54 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe T
Not sure if this will help but if the car sits for 5 days or more you have to open with the key. It goes into some security mode.
That can't be it in this case as the car was only sitting locked for maybe an hour when it happened. Plus the remote did 'something' as it at least got the window to come down when the handle was lifted. It's not like the car totally ignored the remote.

http://foo21.no-ip.info/boxster/boxster_sig_2.jpg
This isn't the Boxster you're looking for...
kelly1005 is offline   Reply With Quote