Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2007, 08:28 PM   #1
c-c

Factory Aux - MP3 input for CDR220

Thought this may be helpful. Just ordered an aux input cable from Becker for my cdr220. Disconnected my CD input and plugged the new cable in.

Cost around $25.00 US.

Instructions were included and couldn't be easier. Cable has 2 rca outs and bought the monster rca to mini MP3 adapter.

Now play my zune thorough the factory stereo. FYI: Factory Stereo and amp are harman kardon - plenty of power so need to just replace the speakers next.

Part can be ordered by calling or online at:
http://www.beckerautosound.com/parts/index.html

c-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:28 PM   #2

if you have a factory cd changer, you could have just unpluged it and used the rca inputs from there. The are many hacks where you can run both changer and Ipod/mp3 by putting a switch to trick your head unit in thinking the changer is on. Tom from babblers has a great write up on it.
986s sport design pkg, aerokit 1, litronics,deviating seat stitching, guards red seat belts, cf ebrake/shift knob,ssk, sport seats, hard top, full alpine system with 8" sub, mb quart speakers, Champion rg5, Eibach springs, sport exhaust, rear stess bars, custom ecu program, desnorkle intake, euro bumper, rear diffuser
ray986s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:11 PM   #3

Was it part # BNA - 1319 - 116 ?

http://foo21.no-ip.info/boxster/boxster_sig_2.jpg
This isn't the Boxster you're looking for...
kelly1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:26 PM   #4
c-c

Yep BNA - 1319 - 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1005
Was it part # BNA - 1319 - 116 ?
Yes BNA - 1319 - 116

I read the article on the hack, but I wanted a simpler solution and the ability to just plug the old connection back in when I trade up.

I'll probably get an 05 at the end of the summer, I don't like the large vents on the side but I also don't like being out of warranty.

thx -c

c-c is offline   Reply With Quote