Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2020, 05:39 AM   #1

Cars at Cars & Coffee

We might see some cool cars at our local C&C. Here's a thread where we can post some of the better ones. My only request is to use the 'new' way to attach so we don't have the over-sized pics that ruin a thread. Over-sized pics = a buck in the swear jar.

I wanted to start this thread last yr but got busy with selling cars. Last night's Barrett-Jackson prompted me to start it now. The green Ford GT is from Omaha and was at a local C&C in June 2018. It sold last night for nearly $1.1mil. He owns a 918 too and I wouldn't be surprised if that was his at B-J. But it didn't meet reserve so it didn't sell.

2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 08:10 AM   #2
Racer Boy

Those Ford GTs are truly awesome cars, with incredible presence. Every year I go to the Rolex 24 hour race at Daytona, and I have taken tons of pictures of the cars on track. It seems nearly impossible to get a bad shot of a Ford GT!

Thanks for sharing the pictures, husker!
Racer Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 08:20 AM   #3
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Boy View Post
Those Ford GTs are truly awesome cars, with incredible presence. Every year I go to the Rolex 24 hour race at Daytona, and I have taken tons of pictures of the cars on track. It seems nearly impossible to get a bad shot of a Ford GT!

Thanks for sharing the pictures, husker!
We once had one of them oil down 4.5 miles of racetrack.... for 3 laps before he noticed.... some sort v of silicone- based transmission fluid..... making for a 3- hour cleanup.... and I don't really look at them the same way since then.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 10:44 AM   #4

Now that C&C season is starting back up, thought I'd pull this thread out of mothballs.

I attended my 1st C&C this morning. Lots of different / new cars than from previous yrs. Unfortunately, one of the newbies was this disaster:

I think the owner was color blind because he had cherry red metallic next to the orange wing. And the dark color wasn't black but a root beer metallic.

I wonder if The King had to hold his nose when he sign it? The little girl in the background looks a bit nauseous.

Please do better than that with your selections. Now I can delete this abortion from my phone.
Old 06-13-2020, 01:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster View Post
Now that C&C season is starting back up, thought I'd pull this thread out of mothballs.

I attended my 1st C&C this morning. Lots of different / new cars than from previous yrs. Unfortunately, one of the newbies was this disaster:

I think the owner was color blind because he had cherry red metallic next to the orange wing. And the dark color wasn't black but a root beer metallic.

I wonder if The King had to hold his nose when he sign it? The little girl in the background looks a bit nauseous.

Please do better than that with your selections. Now I can delete this abortion from my phone.
Well, I don't give a hoot what the colors are, it's still a bad-ass car. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-31-2020, 11:37 PM   #6

So amazing and beautiful cars are here.
preylawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 04:53 PM   #7

We get some fancy cars at our local Cars & Coffee

I haven't been to any this year due to the shutdown, but we get some fancy and pricey cars at our local Cars & Coffee. I often wonder if some of the owners of these cars do much with them besides going to car shows. The pictures aren't great as I stop in to visit these while out riding my bike and am straddling my bike with bike shoes with cleats. The pictures are right side up on my PC so I hope they come out that way here. Here are a few samples

Alfa Romeo Montreal

Mercedes 300 SL Gullwing and Roadster

Ferrari La Ferrari?

This is a very rare and expensive Maserati MC12 built for GT Racing. I thought it was a well finished kit car until I saw it up close and then looked it up when I got home. Not my cup of tea

A genuine Shelby AC Cobra

A Lancia Delta Integrale

A Ferrari F50

Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 06:03 PM   #8

Cool cars, Paul. But no pics of the Veyron?

Someone in OMA has a Senna McLaren. I'll try to get a pic of it next wk at the monthly C&C.
Old 09-06-2020, 07:25 PM   #9

I guess I’m not a fan! I actually saw another one driving today, probably out for the Cars & Coffee I couldn’t attend, with the top off and its rear spoiler a few feet in the air but couldn’t get my phone out in time. The best car I’ve ever seen st a local event was an honest to god genuine street legal D Type Jaguar about 25 years ago, before smart phones!
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
Old 09-06-2020, 08:58 PM   #10
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE View Post

Ferrari La Ferrari?

That's not a LaFerrari, that's an Enzo.

And some of us drive our exotics very regularly. ;-) but you're right: there's a segment who don't, and that's a shame. I always hate seeing a car owned for 3 years with less than 2000 miles in that time, for instance.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:13 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
That's not a LaFerrari, that's an Enzo.

And some of us drive our exotics very regularly. ;-) but you're right: there's a segment who don't, and that's a shame. I always hate seeing a car owned for 3 years with less than 2000 miles in that time, for instance.

Thanks for the clarification on the Enzo! in my area I think the Enzo, MC12, Bugattis and other really high end supercars don’t get out very much. Certainly not to a track day or an autocross which is too bad. The more common Ferraris, McClarens, Lamborghinis, etc are spotted out on weekdays and in rush hour.
Old 09-07-2020, 06:35 AM   #12
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
Thanks for the clarification on the Enzo! in my area I think the Enzo, MC12, Bugattis and other really high end supercars don’t get out very much. Certainly not to a track day or an autocross which is too bad. The more common Ferraris, McClarens, Lamborghinis, etc are spotted out on weekdays and in rush hour.
Where are you located?
I've noticed that my neighborhood isn't as excited any more when they see mine, haha.
It seems some of the excitement is worn down when we see them every day. Which is to be expected.

I guess there needs to be a balance between driving them, but keeping them special.

I haven't found that yet.

Old 09-07-2020, 02:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
Where are you located?
I've noticed that my neighborhood isn't as excited any more when they see mine, haha.
It seems some of the excitement is worn down when we see them every day. Which is to be expected.

I guess there needs to be a balance between driving them, but keeping them special.

I haven't found that yet.

I'm in Bergen County, New Jersey. If you look on Facebook for Bergen County Cars and Caffe you'll see everything that shows up to their events. As long as you're excited every time you see and drive your car that's all that matters!
Old 10-10-2021, 10:42 AM   #14

This was at yesterday's C & C, among other exotica.

Old 10-10-2021, 10:00 PM   #15
Damn Yankee

Garage
Did the owner sport a "handicapped plate" on the back?

Just wonderin'............

TO

TeamOxford is offline   Reply With Quote