Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2016, 04:35 AM   #1

Gates of Hell welcomes Fidel Castro

I have been to Cuba 17 times now and it's really like my second home. The people there are amazing and the culture is highlighted with beauty really... its funny that the person posting this does not include Obama or past pres or Prime Minister(s) to the list because they too have done many negative things. It's time to stop the hate and lead this world into being a better place for our children.

The above absurdity was posted by Dr. Cactus in response to a post I had done regarding the death of Cuba's dictator Fidel Castro. I lived in Cuba until I was 12 yrs. and the regime took all freedoms, our assets, liberty and so on. My father was jailed 3x because he would not disclose the amount of money the Sugar brokers has in their coffers. Tourism travel to Cuba puts all that money for the support of the castro regime since the economy is in shambles. 57 yrs of plundering the country is what the castro brothers along with their ilk have done. The regime blames the embargo for their predicament but when people don't produce much is nothing is going to get done. Case in point compare the cuban economy with the miami exile community. Exile are entrepreneurs and in the island everyone is prisoner.
I suggest and even urge Cactus to live in that wonderful paradise he considers his second home. When you return with your tail between your legs I will remind you" I told you so"

Last edited by Pilot2519j; 11-30-2016 at 04:40 AM.
Pilot2519j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 04:50 AM   #2

Garage
"absurdity" - if you say that about my comment then perhaps your father (who is deemed a criminal 3x over) should follow the laws in whatever county he is living in. I have many friends who live in Cuba who are very happy with their life. If you think tourism causes the country to be in shambles your living in space - just speak to every Cuban worker who is working at these resorts and ask them if they rather have no people visiting for holidays or not. Its pretty clear to me and everyone else out there that the tourism does positive things to the Cuban economy and for their people.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:15 AM   #3
Racer Boy

I fail to see what any of this has to do with Boxsters.
Racer Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 10:03 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Boy View Post
I fail to see what any of this has to do with Boxsters.
Well, this is the off-topic section, so ...
ianacole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 02:18 PM   #5

Off topic section, yes....but Politics is strongly discouraged anywhere on this forum. No need of them here, lots of sites if that's what you want.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:39 PM   #6

Garage
This is an off topic forum. Jokes, news, sports etc ... Just vent it here.

I'd say this qualifies or started out as news. Something Great about this country is the FREEDOM to make your own choices. The Title leaves little to imagine about the content. Make your own choice to participate but don't force your viewpoint or supress others. I'm really tired of "Safe spaces".
What I do find entertaining/informative is the different viewpoints based on the color of the glasses. And the inability to see the other side.

Last edited by 911monty; 12-02-2016 at 02:50 PM.
911monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 06:47 AM   #7
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911monty View Post
What I do find entertaining/informative is the different viewpoints based on the color of the glasses. And the inability to see the other side.
Yep, there is no 'middle of the road' anymore. It seems to be an all or nothing world today and bipartisanship is dead.

paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote