Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #1

whoops! porsche recalls 2012 911

"Porsche is recalling 1,232 model-year 2012 Carrera S vehicles because their fuel lines may leak, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration."

maybe they should have called it the Porsche 911 PintoVega S

Porsche 911 Carrera S recall is announced for a fuel-line problem - Autoweek

Old 03-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #2
Carnut

I was just 2 hours ago at our dealership. They have for 991 in stock, they are doing the recall as we speak. Also, they are NOT allowed to sell the cars for now....

However, I was tossed the key to a new 2S and tried it. Very fast! Very lux. Very "adult". No question the better Porsche compared to older models but it feels less "Porsche". The much discussed steering feel is indeed a bit artificial and needs getting used to.

Did I mention fast? The model I drove had the PDK and sport chrono package. Put everything into sport and traction control off and the wheels spin just right.......

I still love my Boxster!
Old 03-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyA6 View Post
I was just 2 hours ago at our dealership. They have for 991 in stock, they are doing the recall as we speak. Also, they are NOT allowed to sell the cars for now....

However, I was tossed the key to a new 2S and tried it. Very fast! Very lux. Very "adult". No question the better Porsche compared to older models but it feels less "Porsche". The much discussed steering feel is indeed a bit artificial and needs getting used to.

Did I mention fast? The model I drove had the PDK and sport chrono package. Put everything into sport and traction control off and the wheels spin just right.......

I still love my Boxster!
Sounds like a nice Mercedes.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #4

Old news. I'd still take one.
gomarlins3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2000s View Post
Sounds like a nice Mercedes.
+1 Porsche is making all their cars more like GT touring cars then true sports-car.

jbs986 is offline   Reply With Quote