Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 03:58 AM   #1

Obama down in all 50 states

http://www.gallup.com/poll/146294/Hawaii-Approving-Obama-States-Decline.aspx

Old 02-24-2011, 08:16 AM   #2

Garage
I wonder what his approval rating is on the North and South Poles ?
Old 12-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #3

I would say, " ICE COLD" Danger, sorry this is late but I missed it. SORRY !!!
Old 12-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #4

Danger, Once again I am sorry this is late as I just joined a couple months ago and I am searching my way around this great, informative forum. I don't have much time when I "sign on " . You are a voice to pay attention to !! Thanks for all !!! PS Nice car !!! Last month my wife and I were in Providence RI at Federal Hill for dinner and there was a Porsche just like your's parked out side of our resturant. I went over to take a look and the parking attendents tackeled me to the ground !!! " I didn't touch it !!!???" Max
Old 12-07-2011, 03:55 PM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliemax View Post
Danger, Once again I am sorry this is late as I just joined a couple months ago and I am searching my way around this great, informative forum. I don't have much time when I "sign on " . You are a voice to pay attention to !! Thanks for all !!! PS Nice car !!! Last month my wife and I were in Providence RI at Federal Hill for dinner and there was a Porsche just like your's parked out side of our resturant. I went over to take a look and the parking attendents tackeled me to the ground !!! " I didn't touch it !!!???" Max
I can honestly say that it wasn't mine. Had it been, they would have first laid down some cover fire, and then tackled you !
Old 12-12-2011, 09:14 PM   #6

I think Obama has done a mediocre to poor job, but I hope he is reelected in a land slide. That should force the GOP to abandon their current far right posture and move back to the middle. In the late 90's the GOP and Clinton compromised and brought us 4-5 years of growth, increased revenue, and brought us to a deficit neutral budget with projections of being able to actually pay down the dept. The Bush tax cuts were supposed to be deficit neutral, but instead have added greatly to the deficit and didn't product the growth that they claimed they would. Tax cuts for the uberwealthy just don't create growth or jobs, it's demand that creates jobs. Until the middle class can hold their heads above water, jobs aren't going to increase a the same rate as we've seen after other recessions, but rather similar to the depression where you saw the same kinds of income disparity. 1% of the population can't create enough demand for goods and services, it has to be the middle class driving demand.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:28 PM   #7

Clinton was a likeable guy and had a good cabinet with some smarts. Thus he could get things done between the two party's...give a little, take a little with some check and balances. Obama is a far left Marxists and I don't like him at all and his cabinet is riddled with incompetency. And last of all, Clinton came in on after 8 years of Reagan economics, so he was setting in a good position to move the country a little more forward.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
Old 01-01-2012, 08:47 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb986 View Post
And last of all, Clinton came in on after 8 years of Reagan economics, so he was setting in a good position to move the country a little more forward.
And Obama came in after 8 years of arguably the worst president of all time who left the country broke, busted and in financial failure. Even after that Mr. Obama has pulled us out of unnecessary wars, the economy is at it's best in 10 years, improved school lunches for kids, saved the banking industry from collapse and kept the auto industry from tanking. Not bad for 3 years in office. And, his numbers are up not down.

While I'm not a total supporter for President Obama, you have to give credit where credit is due. Also apply blame where it belongs - we have the most incapable and inept Congress in a century. That's where legislation gets passed (or not). The President leads and signs passed legislation - he can't drag a dead mule (Congress) to the water and make it drink.

Eliminate all lobbying - especially that by pharmaceutical, insurance and financial companies and let Congress do the work they were sent to Washington to do. Oh, and charge everyone (especially the richest) an equal tax burden so that you and I (likely middle-class) don't pay more than our share of the burden.

Last edited by DenverSteve; 01-01-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:06 AM   #9

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSteve View Post
And Obama came in after 8 years of arguably the worst president of all time who left the country broke, busted and in financial failure. Even after that Mr. Obama has pulled us out of unnecessary wars, the economy is at it's best in 10 years, improved school lunches for kids, saved the banking industry from collapse and kept the auto industry from tanking. Not bad for 3 years in office. And, his numbers are up not down.

While I'm not a total supporter for President Obama, you have to give credit where credit is due. Also apply blame where it belongs - we have the most incapable and inept Congress in a century. That's where legislation gets passed (or not). The President leads and signs passed legislation - he can't drag a dead mule (Congress) to the water and make it drink.

Eliminate all lobbying - especially that by pharmaceutical, insurance and financial companies and let Congress do the work they were sent to Washington to do. Oh, and charge everyone (especially the richest) an equal tax burden so that you and I (likely middle-class) don't pay more than our share of the burden.
Denver,

I would like to know...

Which exact "wars" are you referring to?
The economy is at it's best in 10 years? Which country are you referring to? Surely not the USA.
Ocean Blue Metallic/Savannah Beige | Tiptronic | Custom Rear Spoiler | 17" Turbo twist | Red Brembo Calipers | GAHH Top w/Glass Window | Tinted Windows | Cruise Control | Leather Interior | Heated Seats | Color Wheel Caps | Traction Control | Debadged
Old 01-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #10

I am a small business owner who started my business without asking anyone for anything. I took a risk because I have guts!!! This administration "Obama" has put my customers in a "Coma", they ALL tell me they will hold on to their CASH until he is GONE. So.... my business suffers .....daily until ? I could go on welfare,food stamps, un-employment but I just can not........YET.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #11
Matt

Quote:
I am a small business owner who started my business without asking anyone for anything. I took a risk because I have guts!!! This administration "Obama" has put my customers in a "Coma", they ALL tell me they will hold on to their CASH until he is GONE. So.... my business suffers .....daily until ? I could go on welfare,food stamps, un-employment but I just can not........YET.
I don't know business you are in, but the President's office has nothing to do with your business. The banks who control credit and lending and individual's personal finances do. It also depends on your industry, your market and your market share in that industry. If you are in a business driven by discretionary or disposable income versus required consumable goods your experience will be different. This year we picked up numerous municipalities and agencies while doubling our walk-in customer base. We just finished our annual inventory and ran our final financials yesterday. Our business is up 31% this year. That is consistent with the last 3 years. We've been open now 9 years. It takes a few years for the 20-25% of new businesses to start to thrive. If they ever do. Nothing to do with anything above a local level. The only place we've ever struggled is on line. That's gravy anyway.

Last edited by MileHighBoxster; 01-01-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:06 PM   #12
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by John99Boxster View Post
Denver,

I would like to know...

Which exact "wars" are you referring to?
The economy is at it's best in 10 years? Which country are you referring to? Surely not the USA.
How about Iraq? That cost us billions - unnecessarily.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #13

986 issues

Do any of those presidents drive boxsters? Just saying
Old 01-07-2012, 02:23 AM   #14

Garage
That's one. What other wars?

And the economy.....who's?
Ocean Blue Metallic/Savannah Beige | Tiptronic | Custom Rear Spoiler | 17" Turbo twist | Red Brembo Calipers | GAHH Top w/Glass Window | Tinted Windows | Cruise Control | Leather Interior | Heated Seats | Color Wheel Caps | Traction Control | Debadged
Old 01-07-2012, 01:36 PM   #15
Matt

Quote:
That's one. What other wars? And the economy.....who's?
Yours. Do you not pay attention to jobs reports, unemployment reports, stock reports? My business was up 31% in 2011. You can't believe anything you see on Fox.

Last edited by MileHighBoxster; 01-07-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #16
Matt

Quote:
That's one. What other wars?
Dude. How many unneccessary foreign invasions do you need? One is too many. Getting Iraq behind us will stimulate not only our economy but (hopefully) other country's as well.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #17

Invasion,economy ? Yes, Getting OBAMA OUT ! will insure that thousands of small business owners will survive and GROW their business. If thousands of us small business owners quit and go on welfare, WHO, WHO will pay the BILL ????? Obama ???? He has NEVER had a real job!!! Please tell us WHO ???
Old 01-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #18

Quote:
Invasion,economy ? Yes, Getting OBAMA OUT ! will insure that thousands of small business owners will survive and GROW their business. If thousands of us small business owners quit and go on welfare, WHO, WHO will pay the BILL ????? Obama ???? He has NEVER had a real job!!! Please tell us WHO ???
+1, We should be well out of the recession by now, but Obama and all of his anti Business Laws have been killing any recover....some people on here real need to do their home work before posting.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbs986 View Post
+1, We should be well out of the recession by now, but Obama and all of his anti Business Laws have been killing any recover....some people on here real need to do their home work before posting.
More false statements - do you really believe this? What anti-business laws? There's no business in my area that's not thriving. Don't drink the kool-aid. Be specific about your comments. Again, LAWS aren't passed by the President. They come exclusively from the Congress. So NO business law, even the ones you haven't specified, comes from the President.

Good thing no one takes this too seriously.

Last edited by DenverSteve; 01-07-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:34 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSteve View Post
More false statements - do you really believe this? What anti-business laws? There's no business in my area that's not thriving. Don't drink the kool-aid. Be specific about your comments. Again, LAWS aren't passed by the President. They come exclusively from the Congress. So NO business law, even the ones you haven't specified, comes from the President.
Wow, Ok here we go............

Fact, Obama health care bill,this was Obama's baby. He said if it past that all Americans Health care would go down, and everyone would have health care coverage.....Wrong! Fact everyones heath care cost has gone up it will still go higher.Fact their is more people without health care coverage now then before Obama's health care bill was past.

Obama's health care bill forces all Business to proved health care for their employees and if you are an employee with really a really good health care plain you get to pay taxes on it.

You are entitled to you opinions but you are not entitled to your own facts.

Closed Thread