Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 05:23 PM   #1

Garage
Obama's Latest

It's not often that I mix politics with hobbies or personal interest matters. However, I am completely aghast over today's headlines regarding Obama's public support of Michael Vick. With all of the problems this country is facing both domestic and foreign, all this reprobate can see fit in doing is openly supporting such a vile individual as him ! Just when I thought that my disgust and contempt for this President couldn't get any worse.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Obama-calls-Eagles-owner-to-congraulate-him-for-?urn=nfl-300632

Old 12-28-2010, 02:03 AM   #2

All he is doing is trying to take your mind off the absolute failure he has been , doing the job he was elected to do. Or maybe he really is a fool. Ed
cvhs18472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #3

Who cares...I mean...who really cares. Be glad when he's gone.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:44 PM   #4

The moralist in chief has no other issues on the plate?

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:01 PM   #5

Garage
I'm surprised that Vick didn't receive a stimulus package as well.

Last edited by Johnny Danger; 12-28-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:13 PM   #6

well I love dogs as much as the next guy but we do have a system of courts that Mr. Vick went through, lost everything in his considerable fortune including his freedom (while child abusers skip so much as even a day in jail). Mr. Vick payed about as high a price as anyone guilty of abusing animals has ever payed.
Any other sport would have banned him for life but this is the NFL where getting rid of everyone ever convicted or charged with a crime would mean a much smaller league. For whatever other reasons, the commissioner decided to give Vick a second chance not just in sports but life really when you consider his other options. Anyone who has been watching Vick this season is nothing short of stunned at what a different person he is on the field and off it. A year ago nobody would touch this guy with a 40 foot poll and now he's at the top of the list of the highest payed athletes in the world. Going to prison was probably the best thing that ever happened to him because it seems to have righted the ship that was headed for a fate like that of Air McNair or O.J. Simpson.
I suppose if I wasn't a football fan, watching this amazing season and where this guy has come back from I wouldn't find some symbolism in his story. Its a comeback story that seems timely.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #7

It's the NFL, what do you expect. I personally swore them off in 1987 and have not been to a game since, too many drunk angry white boys in the stands blindly supporting too many prima donna overpaid convicts. No thanks. The late 90's situation with Ray Lewis confirmed my disdain for the NFL, JMO. As to Obama's comment, who cares what falls out of the fool's mouth.....
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:44 PM   #8

You have to wonder: If M. Vick were white, would Obama have had to make the phone call?

Just thinking?

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:08 PM   #9

Garage
Does anyone on this forum feel that he or she would be given a second chance after being convicted of such atrocities, and subsequently serving time in prison ? Moreover, does anyone think that Mr. Obama would make a phone call on their behalf if they weren't considered a commodity in the grand scheme of a multi-billion industry ? If, so, I've got a broken IMS bearing for you ?

Last edited by Johnny Danger; 01-05-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #10

Well the late Jim Steinbrenner of America's greatest sports franchise was headed for federal prison and managed to get a Presidential pardon. Was later banned from baseball FOR LIFE and was given a second chance that no one else would have gotten...ahem Pete Rose.
Giving millionaires who screw up big time a second chance is positively American! just ask anyone on Wall Street, Martha Stewart, Donald Trump or your nearest Bank CEO.

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 01-05-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote