Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2010, 09:53 AM   #1

Garage
Straight Razor Opinions...

So I love the feel of a shave with a good straight razor. Ever since I was a kid and my local barber would (being a kid with no facial hair of course) trim my sideburns and around the back of the neck, I have loved it. However, over the years less and less places especially in Commiefornia will even go near a straight razor. Finally, I cannot take it so I am going to learn and do it myself.

Much like my car I no longer need to rely on a mechanic to change my oil, I no longer will look for the remaining few barbers who will give me a good straight razor shave.

So who here is into this Hobby (as it were) and has some advice for me? Any tips? favorite blades? etc let me know.

(The other reason for the waning amount of real barbers is because many go for the female side of the house license and fewer and fewer are getting barber licenses.)

Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:09 AM   #2

The old barber shops that are still around, you can still get the straight razor shave. If you're near a black barber shop...take note, they still give razor cuts and damn good at it.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:49 AM   #3
JTP

While I was in Iraq and Kuwait I'd go for a haircut and the Middle Eastern barbers would use a straight razor to shave us. They would also rub alcohol on your neck and then light it on fire to trim off the fuzz. Scared the crap out of us.

JTP is offline   Reply With Quote