Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2024, 09:29 AM   #1
Benny0

Odd Key Fob Locking Issue

Hello!
I'm new to this forum. I have 2001 Boxster S (with 126,000 miles). I've done a lot to the car since I bought it two years ago, but the few related items to the issue I'm having are: the previous owner changed the Immobilizer and I changed out both the right and left lock actuators which resulted in a bunch of issues (key fob stopped working completely. I could unlock, but not lock with the key fob. I could open the trunk/frunk sometimes with the fob. The alarm would go off randomly). After much investigation, I figured out I had purchased and installed parts for a right drive car (mine is left) and while they look the same and fit, they didn't play well with the immobilizer. I installed the correct left drive parts and everything is now working correctly, with one exception. To lock the car with the key fob, I need to wait around 45 seconds. If I get out and hit the button immediately nothing happens. Once I wait around 45 seconds it works fine. I can't find anything on the internet that would explain what the issue is. Any thoughts?****

bowen152 is offline   Reply With Quote