Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2024, 02:08 PM   #1

Time Machine

Hello everyone!

I am the current owner (and next generation caretaker) of a beautiful low mileage (32,970 original miles) 1998 Porsche Boxster 986, 5 speed. The car was originally purchased in my presence in April of 1998, in Alexandria VA, by my beautifully vivacious, 78 year old mother-in-law (best friend and tennis partner). She and I would travel the Viginia countryside in the 986 side-by-side, top down with big grins plastered on our faces. I was the only person in the world that she ever allowed to drive her “silver beauty.” When she passed away at the age of 93, she bequeathed the Boxster directly to my possession, enjoyment and perpetual car. I take my 6 grandkids out for warm day spins along those same winding roads. That silver Boxster is my low mileage “Time Machine.”

Happy to join this group!
Ahvelaesq

Ahvelaesq is offline   Reply With Quote