Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2023, 08:43 AM   #1

New member greater Cleveland

First post introduction

I bought a 2000 boxster S last year with a lot of what I thought was going be small fixes. Turned out more time and money consuming than I thought but it has been fun learning manual driving and getting my hands dirty. The car was drivable with ongoing work for a full convertible top replacement and some weird noises from the wheel while driving (possibly wheel bearing replacement needed). I was looking forward to taking it on the road this summer until I ran into some coolant issues. So the car is garaged for now until I can figure out where the leak is coming from.

I ran across this forum when I bought the car last year. Never posted until now. Just wanted to introduce myself and see if there any members active in the greater Cleveland area that can recommend any specialty shops in the area. Thanks in advance!

hxc238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 10:22 AM   #2
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Welcome to the forum. The most common coolant leak is at the tank in the trunk. Most of them have reached an age where they need to be replaced due to cracks. The cap on the coolant tank and the bleed valve on the tank are also common failures. Also if you don't know when the water pump was last replaced, it's s good idea to do it soon.
Old 07-02-2023, 10:49 AM   #3

And with the water pump there may not be a lot of time between when it starts leaking and it flat out fails. That was the case with mine anyway.

Is the leak onto the road under the car, or is it in the trunk?

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote