Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2021, 08:01 AM   #1

Bring her back to life!

I haven't started my baby for 7 years. Need some advice on how to safely start bringing her back to life. I still need a new hood too. I was thinking about one of these, it costs as much as one from a scrap yard. https://www.****************************************/1999-porsche-boxster-custom-hoods/duraflex-hood-2218929190.html

Attached Images

Boxster4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 02:21 PM   #2

Welcome! Your link isn't working because Pelican breaks links from sites they think are competitors. I think others have posted tha those Duraflex parts don't fit particularly well, the bumpers in particular.
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 11:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster4Life View Post
I haven't started my baby for 7 years. Need some advice on how to safely start bringing her back to life. I still need a new hood too. I was thinking about one of these, it costs as much as one from a scrap yard. https://www.****************************************/1999-porsche-boxster-custom-hoods/duraflex-hood-2218929190.html

First off get as much of the old gas out of your tank because you'll want to start it on fresh gas. I would pull the coils and spark plugs and then squirt a little oil in each cylinder. With the plugs out turn the engine over a few times. Put the plugs back in and start the car and let it idle. If it runs rough or idles rough you might need to clean the throttle body and maf sensor. Hope this helps.
mtb50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 07:18 AM   #4

Thanks for the heads up!

Boxster4Life is offline   Reply With Quote