Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2020, 10:47 AM   #1

Totalled '03 base

Hello Box fam. Since I was in highschool I've wanted a Booster and 10 years ago I finally found the one and had the money to get it. It was a 2003 Lapis blue base, 5 speed. It had just under 4,000 miles and was in near perfect condition. It was my daily driver in northern Illinois, sun, rain, snow I drove it. She had 52,000 miles and I took really good care of it and was very reliable aside for some normal minor repairs. I loved that car!

Back in April a Silverado with some knobby tires rear ended me and totalled the car. I am lucky it didnt roll over me and although I did get hurt, I'm still alive. If you look closely, you can see a little dent and scratch in the bumper on the Silverado.

I looked around but nothing really stood out and I wasn't ready to get something different and than I found a 2003 S 6 speed Guards red I believe it's called. I never drove an S and I was never really looking for a fast car, I loved how my base drove on curvy roads and was happy with it. Im glad I never drove an S because I wouldn't have wanted to go back to my base. What a difference in power, that's no butt dyno placebo, I can feel a huge difference!

That's my story, I'll try to upload some pictures

jimjimmyjam is offline   Reply With Quote