Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2019, 05:07 PM   #1

Noob from the Carolina mountains!

Hey all, this is my first post after having learned so much from this amazing forum for the last few years of Porsche ownership. I have a 99 boxster as original as it gets, and have a weird love hate thing going on..Hate I have to rip the aluminum panel off every time I need to wrench and the lack of wrench space almost everywhere, but have big love every time I squirt around the bends. Its the greatest car I have ever driven and live for the experience daily..Fan boi here.

I just replaced my clutch, rms, ims, maf, aos, brakes, clutch slave, oil fill tubes, coolant tank,water pump,thermostat,plugs,coils,plug tubes. This forum was mostly responsible for my success at doing all the wrenching myself. I am on a journey to bring this neglected car back to life. Just wanted to say hey and thanks to all for the wisdom shared.

I look forward to getting plugged in...

Greg

Schwee986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:04 PM   #2

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwee986 View Post
Hey all, this is my first post after having learned so much from this amazing forum for the last few years of Porsche ownership. I have a 99 boxster as original as it gets, and have a weird love hate thing going on..Hate I have to rip the aluminum panel off every time I need to wrench and the lack of wrench space almost everywhere, but have big love every time I squirt around the bends. Its the greatest car I have ever driven and live for the experience daily..Fan boi here.

I just replaced my clutch, rms, ims, maf, aos, brakes, clutch slave, oil fill tubes, coolant tank,water pump,thermostat,plugs,coils,plug tubes. This forum was mostly responsible for my success at doing all the wrenching myself. I am on a journey to bring this neglected car back to life. Just wanted to say hey and thanks to all for the wisdom shared.

I look forward to getting plugged in...

Greg
Congratulations on your great choice & thanks for reading instead of asking questions that have been discussed over & over like most new members.