Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2017, 07:40 AM   #1

Garage
Another fresh Boxster owner

Just purchased a 98 Boxster. I've been a diehard Miata owner for a long time. Even built and raced a Spec Miata for a while, it's sadly still sitting on a trailer.

I'm already running into a few issues that I'll post about in other areas but so far I'm very impressed with my new acquisition.

It's a rather no frills model, In Ocean Metallic Blue

marck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:47 AM   #2

Welcome

Sorry for the late welcome, but welcome! Hope you enjoy your "new" ride. I too opted for a no frills model as it spends most of the time doing daily driving duty with some AX mixed in when I can.
Jgkram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:43 AM   #3

Garage
Welcome!

The frills will come when driving your Boxster
Old 09-15-2017, 04:36 PM   #4

Garage
Thanks for the late welcome.

Been driving the Boxster for a few days then drove the old reliable 92 Miata the other day and I thought the breaks weren't working!

The Boxster is a very solid tight feeling car with lots of power and amazingly sensitive breaks but good. It does feel heaver than my old Miata by a fair bit, it's about 700lbs more but the power more than makes up for that. Miata's have nice running gear but the Boxster is more refined. It's got a 5 speed, not sure I'll ever be able to love and electric shifter.

I'd have to say there's a lot of insulation from the road. In the Miata I can literally feel the tar filling the expansion gaps in the road. Which after a while is kind of tiresome. However the Boxster is just as easy to place exactly where you want on the road, may be more so.

This will be a good love affair. Glad cars don't actually have feelings.

marck is offline   Reply With Quote