Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2017, 06:32 PM   #1

Porsche Neophyte Greetings!

Good evening everyone! Been lurking for a while so on various Porsche forums and test driving a few different models. I'm 26 and in the service, and with how much I move (AF Officer tours in my career field are 2-3 years) my mantra has always been "car you love, house you sleep in". Currently driving a 12 Mini Cooper, and planning on buying a 986 when I get back from my deployment in April. Can't wait to read up on here and in the various books I've ordered on model history and repair to pass the time. Looking right now for a solid 2.5L base model. Cheers!

11GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:31 AM   #2
Administrator

Welcome, officially, to the community! The R56 is a fun little MINI, but you'll love your 986 even more. Don't forget to check out our free tech articles to give you more insight: Porsche Boxster 986/987 (1997-2004) Technical Articles | Pelican Parts. I am here if you have any forum or parts questions. Enjoy your time here.
Luccia at Pelican Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:04 PM   #3

Garage
Wishing You Luck Finding A Good 986

Regarding your plan to get a 2.5 liter base model, I've owned a 1999 2.5 and currently a 2000 2.7 (photos of both on the general forum), and suggest keep an open mind about the alternative of a 2.7 with 16 more horsepower. I paid only 6,900 for my 2000 which you're unlikely to beat just because you shop for a 2.5.

I'm convinced the non-S is a real sports car.

Good luck,
Andy
Andy San Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 04:48 PM   #4

Garage
After 30+ years of owning cars I have one overriding principle. Either learn how to fix it your self or make enough money to pay someone else.

marck is offline   Reply With Quote