Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2017, 07:03 AM   #1

Garage
My new used 1999 Boxster

First of all this forum has been helpful immediately. Going to attempt fixing the blowing foam thru vent issue this weekend. It has also given me piece of mind on some of the quirks of German engineering.
Anyway I caught my good friend in a weak moment and bought his boxster from him. I went to help him load his moving truck, moving from North GA to Tampa, when I noticed he had a car trailer for the Porsche. I told him I want first crack at buying it when he was ready. He said how much and I gave him a number and he said sold. I took the car trailer back to UHAUL for him.
I know the car well and have helped work on it many times. It has 90K on it and has spent most of its life garaged. I look forward to visiting the site frequently.

Larrymal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:08 AM   #2
Administrator

Welcome to 986 forum and congratulations! Looks like a great purchase. The paint looks like it's in great shape. Maybe the headlights might need a little restoration? I typically tape up the paint edges near the lights and take a few different grades of sandpaper to them and then a polisher. There are resto kits out there, but they never last. Since you're heading to Tampa, might not be a bad idea to give her a good paint sealant to protect from the suns rays. I posted what I use below. Don't forget to also take a look at our free tech articles if any issues arise. Enjoy and if you have any forums questions please don't hesitate to let me know.

Porsche Boxster 986/987 (1997-2004) Technical Articles | Pelican Parts
Liquid Paint Sealant - 16oz - PelicanParts.com

Luccia at Pelican Parts is offline   Reply With Quote