Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2015, 12:50 PM   #1

Checking in from RI, new Boxster owner!

After looking on/off for a few years I finally pulled the trigger and purchased a black on black Boxster 08 with 26K miles on it.
So far loving it, just 2 small issues that I need to take up with the (non Porsche)dealer; manual rear spoiler isn't working and the TPM is constantly in "learning mode" , (I suspect empty batteries) Car has some warranty to they should take care of it.
My other (car) passion is my '71 BMW 2800cs Coupe, different animal but still a blast.

Ciao
Pieter

Doubledutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 02:24 PM   #2

Garage
Hi and welcome from Fort Worth TX!

2002 Boxster Seal Gray Metallic: Desnorkled, Changed ashtray to non-smoker's bin, Removed stickers from sunvisors, Added rear speakers, LED Shifter, Porsche logo on trunk lid, New top with heated glass window, Aspheric Driver's Side Mirror Upgrade, More to come...
randy7601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 04:42 PM   #3

Great looking ride! Welcome!
doctorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:20 PM   #4

Nice looking car! I'm in Western MA...Where are you in RI? My band is playing at the Windjammer in Misquamicut on the 13th.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:20 PM   #5

Double Dutch-----Your 71 2800CS BMW Coupe is one of the best all time looking cars ever made IMO ! Hoffmeister C pillar!
Old 06-03-2015, 06:50 AM   #6

New owner

Thanks for the kinds words guys, very excited to take my little toy our for a nice long drive to Montreal for the Formula 1 this weekend, lets hope no IMS issues ....

I am located in East Greenwich, RI 20 min south of Providence.

I must agree with LitespeedP, the BMW E9 is one stunning car, I know this is a Porsche forum, and I hope I am not offending anybody, but I wanted to share my other pride and joy, since we are all car nuts

Doubledutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 04:59 AM   #7

wow...welcome to the forum
rupenzelleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 05:08 AM   #8

Doubledutch, welcome to the forum. Love the Bimmer. That has always been one of my favorites. That's a beautiful boxster example you've got there. Low miles too. That was someone's baby and now it's yours!

Let us know how your niggling problems were resolved so we can all learn more about our cars. Don't worry too much about the IMS. Wind it up real good when you drive it knowing that very few cars have this problem and it's an overblown issue in my opinion (others will disagree, but that's how forums work).

And please don't spend much daytime on this forum until you see snow outside. Where you live, there are precious few warm days and you gotta take advantage of every moment to be outside and hopefully driving around with the top down! .... but you knew that already, huh!

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 06-09-2015 at 05:10 AM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote