Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2015, 05:45 AM   #1
Brian O'D

Déjà vu all over again

Hello, my name is Brian and I just purchases a, new to me, 2006 Porsche Boxster S and so far I’m excited about it and hope that I continue to be. This buying experience was a Déjà vu for me. I had to drive an hour and a half to pick it up and on the way back I couldn’t help thinking about a similar run I made in 1969 when I purchased a, new to me at the time, big Healey, a 1967 Austin Healey 3000 Mk III. I loved that car so much that I wanted to sleep in it. So here I am 45 years older and having similar feelings today.
My Boxster had just under 10,000 miles and by the time I got it home it had more. It looks like new I can’t find a single imperfection on the exterior or the interior. But as is the case with many of you, I can’t help but wonder if there are hidden problems. As near as I can figure I paid about 3 to 4 dollars more than the book value. But if it turns out to be what it was billed I’m OK with that.
For the last nine years I’ve been driving a Mini Cooper S which I bought new in 2006. I truly loved that car also and was a little sad to let her go. That car sealed the deal for me. I will never enjoy driving anything other than a sports car again. Ergo the Boxster.
I was happy to come upon this forum. I can identify with many of the comments made by others who are recent owners and I hope to learn from all of you.
My only semi disappointment so far is the flat tire situation. No spare and no run flats (which I had with the Mini and hate anyway), so a flat tire is definitely going to be a hassle. I would appreciate suggestions on the best way to approach this situation. Shooting gunk into the wheel is not something I’m excited about.
Well that is it for now.
Thank you.

Brian O'D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 04:25 PM   #2
Brighton Boxster

Garage
first Boxster S

Very pretty car. I am surprised that it has not elicited a bunch of favorable comments before now. I too have recently (April 13) purchased my first Boxster S, a silver 2003 with 102,500 miles and tiptronic 5 speed transmission. This replaces a 1998 Jaguar XK8 convertible and is a completely different kind of car. I find that 90% of my driving is in manual mode, using the steering wheel mounted buttons to change gears at an RPM count of my choosing. I have had some minor dents removed by a "Dent Doctor" magician, and have added a two piece Colgan bra, so I think the car looks fabulous now.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:58 PM   #3
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
Both cars look great. Do the necessary maintenance & checks and take care of these cars and they should last a long long time.

Above all,, drive them!

paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote