Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2015, 07:35 PM   #1

Hello everyone, my wife owns a Porsche now I have to work on it

Hello Everyone,

My wife bought an 08 Porsche Boxster, non-turbo version. I found out about this site and thought it would be a good resource for when stuff breaks. Anyway, when I start the car smoke comes out the exhaust to the point where the car looks like it's on fire. I figured I'd replace the water oil separator since it seems to be a common thing to go out from what I have read so far.

I have a fast Mitsubishi Evo 8, but whenever I drive my wife's Porsche I always get more comments. A little kid on a bike said he thought the Porsche was the fastest car in the neighborhood.

This is the first car I've seen that does not have an oil dipstick, so it was interesting to have to pick up the manual and figure out if I was crazy or not.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:47 PM   #2

welcome to the boards! always good too see another IL member on here:-D any pics? (evo too of course, i have a bunch of friends that drive evos and dsm's)

Top_Ramen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 04:33 PM   #3

Attached are pictures of my Evo and wife's Porsche. I installed the AOS last night, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. No more smoke so that's a plus, ended up burning 5 quarts of oil prior to this. It took me about 2 hours to complete. I had to run to autozone to get the star sockets, but other than that it was pretty uneventful. I also installed a pioneer dvd player with bluetooth and iphone interface. That ended up taking a weekend since I had to wire all of the speakers directly to the head unit. The Porsche is definitely something I am not used to, but not as big of pain as I thought. It took me longer to get to the engine than it did to replace the AOS. At least now I don't have worry about my wife trying to drive my car with an exedy twin-disc and stalling all of the time.
Attached Images