Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2014, 07:03 PM   #1

Here’s my story, I’m sticking to it..

I’ve been a motorcycle rider all my life and have put many miles on Honda’s and HD’s. I’m at a point where I can no longer tour across the country due to health issues and decided to let my 2005 Goldwing go and replace it with a 2002 Boxster base model. I figured what the heck, I can still go fast and feel the wind! My 986 is far from pristine so I’m calling it my “restoration” project The previous owner stated IMS work was done whatever the details are I will know next week when I get the service records from the shop. For now, I’m having a blast with my dangling rearview mirror and scratched up paint job. I still got the wind!

Be cool fellas!

Cebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:59 AM   #2

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebu View Post
I’ve been a motorcycle rider all my life and have put many miles on Honda’s and HD’s. I’m at a point where I can no longer tour across the country due to health issues and decided to let my 2005 Goldwing go and replace it with a 2002 Boxster base model. I figured what the heck, I can still go fast and feel the wind! My 986 is far from pristine so I’m calling it my “restoration” project The previous owner stated IMS work was done whatever the details are I will know next week when I get the service records from the shop. For now, I’m having a blast with my dangling rearview mirror and scratched up paint job. I still got the wind!

Be cool fellas!

Very nice car, welcome. Nothing beats one with a few issues to "restore." Happy motoring.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:38 PM   #3

Congrats on the Boxster. I ride too and the Boxster definitely gives you some of the same that a motorcycle does.

On the IMS does the cars have this sticker? That is one of knowing it was done.

89 944 S2
78 911SC
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 03:00 PM   #4
moss986project

Welcome!!!

Pretty new to this form myself but have been modifying my 01 boxster 2.7 for about 2 years since I purchased it.
Mossburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:02 PM   #5

Nice tip! I'm such a newbie I can't tell where that label is located! I guess I should be more clear. When I said "restoration", I meant somebody else doing the work. LOL!

Thank you and ride safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche9 View Post
Congrats on the Boxster. I ride too and the Boxster definitely gives you some of the same that a motorcycle does.

On the IMS does the cars have this sticker? That is one of knowing it was done.

Old 09-08-2014, 02:52 PM   #6

Jake/owners of retrofitted boxsters from certified shops can confirm but that sticker should be in the drivers side door jam.
2010 CBR1000RR- Sold
Wilson01S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:39 PM   #7
still plays with cars...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson01S View Post
Jake/owners of retrofitted boxsters from certified shops can confirm but that sticker should be in the drivers side door jam.
Mine is on the inside of the trunk lid next to the emissions diagram. Can't say why it's there
Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:42 PM   #8

I checked both locations and no luck. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterSteve View Post
Mine is on the inside of the trunk lid next to the emissions diagram. Can't say why it's there