Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Regional Forum > GBBG -- Greater Boston Boxster Group

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2004, 05:34 AM   #1

UPDATE - Fall Run changed to 10/9

Pretty much the same itinerary. We're going to get a better turn out with 10/9.

-Rey

ReyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 11:57 AM   #2

Re: UPDATE - Fall Run changed to 10/9

Quote:
Originally posted by ReyF
Pretty much the same itinerary. We're going to get a better turn out with 10/9.

-Rey
Now lets come up where we meet and a list of the cars. I will be going with my wife. Let's not forget to bring motorola two way radios for chatting from car to car.
Pilot2519j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 04:00 PM   #3

Will there be a rain date such as 10/10? or do you do the drive even if it's raining on the 9th?
Old 09-20-2004, 07:38 AM   #4

We won't be joining, not a date issue, but a car issue as the Boxster is gone. I was at Inskip Friday to talk about the 987 as they had just got the order info for the first '05 models they can order in November for January delivery. The dealership sales manager was a bit concerned about offering a firm trade number for me to move to an '05 as the prices will be less than a similar equipped '04 which will push down the used car prices further. I'm sure this is a bit of the salesmanship cycle as they try and get a profit on both ends, but Inskip has always been straight with me on what they offered. I decided not to take the risk on my '03 S depreciating any further and took the trade offer of $41K now towards an '05 Audi (started with an S4 Avant in mind, but when the few candidates around became unavailable as dealers wouldn't trade, ended up in an Allroad). I'll be Porscheless for a bit, but I'll wait to see what the Boxster Coupe ends up offering when it's released late next year and if not to my liking I'll look for a lightly used 2002 or later C2 or C4S Coupe. Enjoy the trip and the Equinox run.
BrianF1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 08:54 AM   #5

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BrianF1960
[B]We won't be joining, not a date issue, but a car issue as the Boxster is gone. I was at Inskip Friday to talk about the 987 as they had just got the order info for the first '05 models they can order in November for January delivery. The dealership sales manager was a bit concerned about offering a firm trade number for me to move to an '05 as the prices will be less than a similar equipped '04 which will push down the used car prices further.

I had the opposite happened to me. I had always had Audi's and the latest was the 2001 S-4. When I went for a trade in for the new V-8 S-4 the charade started with the price and the trade in that I became so annoyed and ticked off that I even contemplated an M-3. I always hated BMW's needless to say the salesman pushed the right buttons.
My wife suggested the Boxster. Got there the salesman made me a better offer and trade in and I have not looked back since. You will love the Allroad my wife has one and we use it to go skiing in Canada. Drives and handles great although is somewhat thirsty in the fuel department. My wife said that since I have the Boxster she can get the Cayenne for herself. Who can argue with her logic.
So in short thanks to Audi salesmanship I have a 2003 Porsche Boxster S.

Pilot2519j is offline   Reply With Quote