View Single Post
Old 09-20-2004, 07:38 AM   #4
BrianF1960

We won't be joining, not a date issue, but a car issue as the Boxster is gone. I was at Inskip Friday to talk about the 987 as they had just got the order info for the first '05 models they can order in November for January delivery. The dealership sales manager was a bit concerned about offering a firm trade number for me to move to an '05 as the prices will be less than a similar equipped '04 which will push down the used car prices further. I'm sure this is a bit of the salesmanship cycle as they try and get a profit on both ends, but Inskip has always been straight with me on what they offered. I decided not to take the risk on my '03 S depreciating any further and took the trade offer of $41K now towards an '05 Audi (started with an S4 Avant in mind, but when the few candidates around became unavailable as dealers wouldn't trade, ended up in an Allroad). I'll be Porscheless for a bit, but I'll wait to see what the Boxster Coupe ends up offering when it's released late next year and if not to my liking I'll look for a lightly used 2002 or later C2 or C4S Coupe. Enjoy the trip and the Equinox run.
BrianF1960 is offline   Reply With Quote