Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2017, 08:34 AM   #1

Yes...................!
Old 12-16-2017, 07:58 PM   #2
Pathological Tinkerer

I played around with toe links today instead of working on the car because Fedex lost my intake parts and my drop link parts are somewhere between here and the UK. I am looking to build clamp style links as it seems easier to set toe without tightening nuts and having the length change on you. I added nuts in addition to the clamps for added safety that the length won't change. Link is based on 1 1/4" 7075 aluminum hex bar. I will probably increase the minor OD as it is now 1". The misalignment spacer is too small for the rod end in the assembly but I designed the spacers based on the dimensions of the rod end I will source. The rod end in the assembly is just one I pulled from the CAD library.

Rod end is M16 with M16xM12 misalignment spacer reducer to work with the M12 fasteners.

If I knew how to change a thread title I would change it to 'Let's build some adjustable links' as I think I will be messing with all of them on my car before I am done.

Last edited by P_Carfahrer; 12-17-2017 at 12:53 AM.
P_Carfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote