Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2016, 09:43 AM   #1

Post RPM not passing 3000 Problem

Hi everyone, I'm new to this so forgive me if this is not the right place for this post. A couple of weeks ago my 00 Porsche boxster 87,XXX being with the issue of not being able to pass the 3,000 RPM. I went ahead and disconnected the MAF connection from the sensor and I was able to pass that limit and drive the car. I ordered a MAF with the exact same part number and when I installed it on my car the problem persisted. Now the problem even got bigger since now the car does not want to turn on. It takes many tries to get it to turn on with the MAF connection disconnected. It seems like if the car did not had gasoline, yet it has 3/4. At this point idk if I should get a new throttle body or what to do. Thank you all and have a great day.

Mario

marioporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 06:02 PM   #2

Sounds like a vacuum leak

stelan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
porsche , rpms , throttle body