Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2018, 08:28 PM   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swhitcomb View Post
This is exactly what mine does.
Sounds like its normal for our cars. Just wish one of us can figure a way around it.

dblhelixsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:58 PM   #222
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblhelixsf View Post
Has anyone been able to figure this out? My factory remote recently gave up the ghost as well and I turned to Ebay for an aftermarket solution. I have an 02 Base and after wiring up the unit, I can also get the doors to lock and unlock. Unfortunately, similar to the previous posts, once the dash LED kicks on (30 seconds after the door locks), I cannot unlock the doors using the remote. I have an M535 immobilizer.

Thanks in advance.
Quote:
That actually makes me feel better. Maybe it’s something in the M535 that causes it not to function the way it would with an m531.

Mine is the M535, so that's not it.

particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:25 PM   #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
Mine is the M535, so that's not it.

Whelp, there goes my theory...the mystery continues.
Old 06-23-2018, 07:04 AM   #224

Quote:
Whelp, there goes my theory...the mystery continues.
I have a thought. Before the system arms, the doors can be unlocked by the aftermarket remote, but the gas cap door remains locked. Do you guys know which wire triggers the gas cap door?
Old 06-23-2018, 01:19 PM   #225
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Blue/green/red (blue wire, green stripe, red bands) for lock and blue/yellow/red for unlock (the same wires lock/unlock the front and rear trunk levers on models with release levers vs buttons).
Old 08-31-2018, 10:19 AM   #226

I ran into some money. I’m going to start trying to replace and diagnose this issue. I found a PDF of the original diagnosis chart. Complete with values and what to test. Car gets a new top on Thursday and when it comes back I’ll dig in. I suspect one or both of the lock mechanisms has failed. The diagnostic chart thankfully tells you how to tell. They’re 350-400 bucks.
Swhitcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 03:36 AM   #227

Quote:
Thanks exactly what I have to do - unlocking with a physical key and inserting the key into the ignition within 10 seconds. Unfortunately, the remote doesn't unlock once the alarm arms. Only the interior lights light up.

None of the key resyncing procedures I've tried have worked...and I've tried all of them.
Regards, Markus

Last edited by Smallblock454; 01-24-2020 at 04:48 AM.
Smallblock454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 03:50 AM   #228

I called ECU Drs yesterday. I’m going to send it off to them. They’re going to verify it’s functioing properly, and program an extra key for me. As soon as it gets back from having the new top installed I’ll send the CLU and ECU to them.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:52 AM   #229

Ordered new door locks yesterday and sending the CLU and ECU to ECU drs this weekend. Wish me luck.
Old 09-11-2018, 02:16 PM   #230

Passenger door lock is in. No change. Will report back after I replace the drivers side. None of the activations in durametric work still. About to box up the immobilizer and send it out.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:31 AM   #231

Ive owned this car since December of 2013. I finally get the time, money, and things sorted to send the CLU and ECU to ECUDoctors, ship it off yesterday (from VA to FL) and of course, there’s a hurricane. Shipping pretty much shut down. Box is sitting in Laurel MD and will be there who knows how long. I just want to know what’s wrong with the car. I’ve waited long enough.

I know, trivial for those that are in the path of the hurricane, but I’m being selfish for a min.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:41 PM   #232
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Ive owned this car since December of 2013. I finally get the time, money, and things sorted to send the CLU and ECU to ECUDoctors, ship it off yesterday (from VA to FL) and of course, there’s a hurricane. Shipping pretty much shut down. Box is sitting in Laurel MD and will be there who knows how long. I just want to know what’s wrong with the car. I’ve waited long enough.

I know, trivial for those that are in the path of the hurricane, but I’m being selfish for a min.
Oh, that sucks...
Old 09-18-2018, 02:14 PM   #233

Well, they got it today. Got an email around 1130 that they were looking at it. Never heard from them and they close at 4. I’m really curious to find out what’s wrong with it. I’m also having them reprogram the original key and sell me an additional remote.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:14 AM   #234

ECU doctors is done and it’s on the way back. They replaced the immobilizer. As I knew, it had water damage. They were able to get a new key to work with the old unit, but the codes it was throwing they believe are because of the water damage. They programmed and new key for me while they had it. It should be there on Tuesday. Hopefully the issues will all be solved.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:48 PM   #235
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Did they give any clues about what the actual issue was?
Unlikely, but would be nice to know.
Old 09-27-2018, 02:29 AM   #236

They didn’t offer any insight. However, the new immobilizer is brand new. It works perfectly with the Porsche key, it does the exact same thing it was doing before with the 3rd party key. So my theory is that perhaps this particular model of M535 isn’t compatible with it for some reason. There are 2-3 M535s. They actually were able to get the old immobilizer to work fine, they just wouldn’t warranty it due to the water damage. Nevertheless, I now have a functioning key, and valet key.
Old 04-28-2019, 01:57 PM   #237

after market keyless woes

Hi Guys, I have read this whole thread twice but cant get my door locks to work. I have a 2003 base, I also have the M535 unit. I have the tail lights successfully working when I hit the lock/unlock on the remote but thats it. I found the brown/white wire for sure but there seems to be two brown/red wires? Is the wiring different for the 2003?

thanks in advance,

Dave
MaddogsMotorSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 04:24 PM   #238
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddogsMotorSports View Post
Hi Guys, I have read this whole thread twice but cant get my door locks to work. I have a 2003 base, I also have the M535 unit. I have the tail lights successfully working when I hit the lock/unlock on the remote but thats it. I found the brown/white wire for sure but there seems to be two brown/red wires? Is the wiring different for the 2003?

thanks in advance,

Dave
Yes
Old 04-28-2019, 04:46 PM   #239

keyless

lol thanks, I was hoping someone could help me out and share a schematic or maybe know which wires that I need to tap into?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
Yes
MaddogsMotorSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 09:50 PM   #240
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddogsMotorSports View Post

thanks in advance,

Dave
The wiring for this is the same across all 986 model years.
There should only be one brown/red wire.
There is a brown/red/black wire (brown wire, red stripe, black bands), so make sure you didn't get them mixed up.