Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2014, 08:39 PM   #1

Proud new owner 1997 986

I knew I had to have a Porsche, I thought about BMW Z3,and others but others would not due!! And I love it what a car. Now where is the best place to buy parts and supplies for my beautiful car? I need fasteners for the front trunk, the plastic covers have the rubber cushion with the screw that goes through it to hold it down. Any idea's would be appreciated!!

Wild Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:22 AM   #2

Different folks have different results with various vendors, and we each have our favorites. As for me, I use and recommend Pelican Parts. Their catalog is online at Pelicanparts.com And, they have been helpful on the phone as well.
schnellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:01 AM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
I knew I had to have a Porsche, I thought about BMW Z3,and others but others would not due!! And I love it what a car. Now where is the best place to buy parts and supplies for my beautiful car? I need fasteners for the front trunk, the plastic covers have the rubber cushion with the screw that goes through it to hold it down. Any idea's would be appreciated!!
Those are well nuts - found at Pelican and other places.
BFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:16 AM   #4
Gone

Garage
I was really surprised at how fast they (pelican) shipped my last order. Seemed like I hit "order" button, walked to the door, and there was my package. Super fast anyway...
Davev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:12 PM   #5

Congrats! I was stuck between a z3 and a boxster just a month ago when i was looking for a car and I now wish I had looked into a boxster much sooner!

Top_Ramen is offline   Reply With Quote