Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #1

Garage
Adding Heated seats

I have a 2000 boxster S that did not come with heated seat option. But I have read on Pedros board that all 986 have the heated seat cushion (but not heated back cushion).

Heated back would be nice, but if I can get heated seat just by hooking up a switch and wiring to the seat that sounds like a simple project. Has anyone done this? If so I'd love to hear what was involved.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Mike

Old 12-28-2012, 12:21 AM   #2

I've just fitted heated seat elements (base and back) to my UK Boxster S (2002).

No heated elements inside as standard.

I should be doing the passenger side today with any luck. I'll post up some pics of the process if you like.

James
perksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #3

Garage
James,

Yes I would love to know how you did it. And see some pictures. I did find this article on the subject.

Dennis Vogel: Projects - Boxster Heated Seats
Old 01-23-2013, 05:32 PM   #4

I added heated seats to my 2001 S. I bought used factory heated seats off eBay, and followed Dennis Vogel's wiring instructions. This DIY is a little intimidating, but it was worth it. This is the first I've heard about all Boxster seats having a heated back. I still have my original seats. I'll flip them over and see if I see anything, like wires, going to the seat backs.
Skeefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:33 AM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeefy View Post
I added heated seats to my 2001 S. I bought used factory heated seats off eBay, and followed Dennis Vogel's wiring instructions. This DIY is a little intimidating, but it was worth it. This is the first I've heard about all Boxster seats having a heated back. I still have my original seats. I'll flip them over and see if I see anything, like wires, going to the seat backs.
No not heated back only the seat cushion. This is according to Pedro on Pedros board:

All of the 986's ...

But I have looked under my seat for any extra wires that could be connected to a heating coil and did not find any.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:50 AM   #6

Hi Mike

I have my driver's seat apart and I am ready to order the seat heater kit. Did you use the OEM Porsche parts or and aftermarket kit?

Thanks

Ed
edhussman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #7

Garage
Ed,

I havent bought heating pad yet, but was planning on OEM version. Im very currious when you took apart the seat did you find any evidence of heating coil in seat cushion?

Mike