Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2008, 06:18 AM   #1

help please

Hi, taking out this part, I don't know how to take out those plugs. I figured out how to take the lighter one, but I don't want to just pull and broke. Please be precise... Thank you http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=10&u=12506281

quebecduf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:47 AM   #2

The plastic connector plugs slide on to the electrical spades...you need to pull the plug off. If it is stubborn, (with battery disconnected) you can lightly pry the plug off with a small screwdriver or such; just be gentle. Pry only enough to loosen the plug.
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:06 AM   #3

Thank you Jmata for your fast answer, but as I mentionned , I am pretty slow on those things. I upload an othe rimage with an arrow. Is this where I have to place the screw driver and pry it. The total yellow or other, will take out or do I have to unclip the part 2and 3 before. http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=12&u=12506281
quebecduf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 05:24 AM   #4

Yes, gently pry where the plug meets the switch; it will come apart. Been out of town, hence the delayed reply.

jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote