Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2007, 05:18 PM   #1

"Enthusiast Manual" ???

I downloaded the manuals that were posted here, but they instruct the use of special tools, so I'm guessing it's an original shop manual. Are there any enthusiast manuals that show you tricks for performing service using commonly available tools?

Thanks,
Sam

iflyadesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:12 PM   #2

From where did you download?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyadesk
I downloaded the manuals that were posted here, but they instruct the use of special tools, so I'm guessing it's an original shop manual. Are there any enthusiast manuals that show you tricks for performing service using commonly available tools?

Thanks,
Sam
__________________________________________________ ___________

Hi Sam!

Can you please tell me, from where you downloaded the manual ? I am interested in going through the manual.

Thanks,

manguasha

Basalt Black Metallic / Black Top Special Colour, Silver Grey Leather, Instrument Dials Black 997, Tiptronic S, Heated Seats, 19" Carrera S Rims, Multi Function Steering Wheel with PCM, Crested Wheel Caps, Cruise Control, PASM 987, Alarm + Remote (433 MHz), Wind Deflector + Storage, Auto Climate Control, Sports Chrono Package Plus, ‘BOSE’ Sound System, CD Changer CDC-4, Self Dimming Mirror + Rain Sensor, Power Seats + Driver Memory, PCM 2, Bi-Xenon with Headlamp Cleaning.
manguasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:32 PM   #3

I just searched for "shop manual" hoping that it had already been discussed elsewhere.

http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9639&highlight=shop+manual
Old 07-30-2007, 06:24 AM   #4

Bentley has produced a very good shop manual for our cars. Check around and see where you can get the best deal. Here's an Amazon.com link to it so you can see what it is. I own it and it's great!

http://www.amazon.com/Porsche-Boxster-Service-Manual-1997-2004/dp/0837613337/ref=sr_1_2/002-9606553-3632841?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1185805445&sr=8-2
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:04 PM   #5

Thanks! I just ordered it from http://www.themotorbookstore.com/boxster.html for $74.06 brand new with 5% discount (today only).
Old 08-07-2007, 11:16 AM   #6

Darn it! It's on back order and so is everyone else. Do any of you have a Bentley Service Manual you'd like to sell me so I can get crackin' on building my TTC race car?

Thanks!
Sam