Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2020, 04:04 AM   #1

2000 Speed Yellow S for sale May - June UK

Hi Chaps
After having 4 glorious years with my Beautiful 2000 S its time to pass it on to a new home.

She is a factory Speed Yellow with Metropol Blue roof and matching blue leather interior. 103000 miles with FSH

No known faults will come serviced and 10 months MOT

Totally standard with no modifications not even a desnorkel.

The extra's decal is still on the bonnet.

Extras are 18" turbo twist wheel, top tint windscreen, red seat belts, wind deflector, ashtray delete.

Has an updated stereo but comes with the original

She is in stunning condition and has recently has had expensive new Brembo Discs and Brembo Pads all round, new goodyear eagle front tyres, CV boots on rear.

Last year as well as service I had brake fluid change, cooling flush, gearbox oil change, wheels powder coated inside and out, brake callers repainted and new decals.

Iv I had to pick a fault id say due to her age although she is very glossy there are a few slightly variations off yellow due to sunlight fade but that common on yellow ones.

In my 4 years she has been maintained and improved regardless of cost.

I am located in Lancashire England.

Car will not be available to buy until May / June.

Price wise im looking for no less than £4500

No time wasters or dreamers if you are interested i can email you pictures

YellowS2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 11:17 PM   #2

Just wanted to say lovely car! If you were in the US, I would be interested. I love the yellow w/blue combo. GLWTS
drewmarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 01:50 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmarc View Post
Just wanted to say lovely car! If you were in the US, I would be interested. I love the yellow w/blue combo. GLWTS
Thanks, Yellow cars are a bit like Marmite here in the UK tho... people either love them or hate them.

I defo wouldn't like our family VW Passat that colour but id wager my mortgage if god has a Porsche its Speed yellow with a Metropol Blue interior
Old 03-19-2020, 09:53 AM   #4

Another pic

Hi Chaps
went straight through the MOT today with just an advisory on thereat tyres as they are be beginning to crack a little.

Ordered some Goodyear Eagles F1s as that wants on it a mo and match fronts that ar only a few months old
Old 04-22-2020, 10:52 PM   #5

I may be interested, I have send you a PM.
Cabrio4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 12:48 AM   #6

more pics

Hi Chaps
Though id post some more pics. and a few more details of work iv had done over the 4 years

New starter motor (dry bendix on original casing it to equal now and then)
New Bosche battery
New spark plugs (6) and Porsche coil Packs (6) originals were showing signs of cracking
New Coffin arm and track control arm
New CV boots (originals were not split but rubber was looking dried out)
New Brembo discs and rotors all-round
New Goodyear eagle F1 all round
Callipers repainted and new decals fitted.
Alloys powder coated inside and out.
Gearbox oil change and slick 50 gearbox treatment added
Coolant drain and new added
Brake fluid changed.
Few little bits of paint
Regular yearly services on top of this despite mileage only being 3k a year.

She has lead a pampered life if I'm honest.

Old 05-04-2020, 12:57 AM   #7

more pics

No modifications, still retaining plastic rear screan (great condition) and original amber lights.

Old 05-04-2020, 01:02 AM   #8

few more pics

Mobil 1 decal and factory extras decal stickers still on the lids

Old 05-04-2020, 01:12 AM   #9

body shots

Previous Porsche ownership not needed as these are a great starter Porsche but I will ONLY sell this car to an enthusiast that can assure me it will be cared for in the manner it deserves.

The ongoing care of this car is more important to me than the money I get for it.

Old 05-05-2020, 02:51 AM   #10

few more pics

All wheels and callipers like this one (unmarked)
When I had the brakes done last year I chose expensive brembo discs and pads as the callipers are brembo so thought it made sense also I like how the hats and edges of the discs are painted, on cheaper discs these soon go rusty and look horrid.

Door cards in great condition and all shuts super clean

Old 05-10-2020, 03:14 AM   #11

Hi this is exactly what ive been looking for, a well cared for Boxster S, that i can look after as my first Porsche.
With most cars ive been looking at will have gone by the time ive sold my house (sale currently stalled due to covid19)
I just have to keep my nerve and be patient etc..
Thanks CG
OE-CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 12:49 AM   #12
Nko

wow. Is the car sold already ?

I have to say, even if my first colour choice was black, seeing it in Yellow on those photos makes me change my mind. Absolutly stunning. Even the ember lights fits the yellow well.

Also - nice to put the country its being sold in the title of the thread : )
Nko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 06:09 AM   #13

Really sharp looking car. I'd actually be very interested if (1) I didn't already own one, and (2) I lived in the UK.
What have you been using on the rear window? For a 20 year old car, it's impressively clear.
GLWS!
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 12:09 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
Really sharp looking car. I'd actually be very interested if (1) I didn't already own one, and (2) I lived in the UK.
What have you been using on the rear window? For a 20 year old car, it's impressively clear.
GLWS!
Thanks Frodo, TBH I just use car shampoo, and rarely ever put the roof down lol.
Old 05-18-2020, 12:15 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nko View Post
wow. Is the car sold already ?

I have to say, even if my first colour choice was black, seeing it in Yellow on those photos makes me change my mind. Absolutly stunning. Even the ember lights fits the yellow well.

Also - nice to put the country its being sold in the title of the thread : )
Thanks NKO
Its not sold yet as iv not really tried, chap coming to look today at 2pm for £5250, he has assured me he is an enthusiast and it will be continued to be cherish. Hopefully he will hate her and not buy.

Just writing this is putting a lump in my throat as I know Ill miss her. My driveway only allows 2 cars and due to a new business venture I need a van so she needs to go.

Im going to fill the space with an M-sport transit but its never going fill the void in my heart.
Old 05-18-2020, 12:23 AM   #16
Nko

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowS2000 View Post
Thanks NKO
Its not sold yet as iv not really tried, chap coming to look today at 2pm for £5250, he has assured me he is an enthusiast and it will be continued to be cherish. Hopefully he will hate her and not buy.

Just writing this is putting a lump in my throat as I know Ill miss her. My driveway only allows 2 cars and due to a new business venture I need a van so she needs to go.

Im going to fill the space with an M-sport transit but its never going fill the void in my heart.

Hah I know exactly what you mean ! And to make it even harder for you, please let me know if the gentleman end up not taking her -
Nko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 12:47 AM   #17

Sold

The lovely mature chap that came to view her loved her immediately and I can tell she is going to be cherish and kept totally standard.

She is going to live in his 2 car garage and only be used in dry weather, having just sold his classic singer vogue he is a defo car enthusiast so i know she is going to a good home,The fact he lives only about 2 miles from me is a bonus.

Feel a bit silly but I got quite upset when we shook on the deal, being the great guy he is he says i can come and visit him and the car and have a drive of her anytime I want.

Ill defo visit from time to time but doubt ill ever drive her again as i don't trust myself to give it back lol.