Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2017, 05:26 PM   #1

WTB - 986 or 986s

Hey everyone,

I had an account here for a while, as I planned on buying a cheap 986 a few years ago, decided against it (cheapest porsche you buy can be the most expensive porsche you own) and ended up driving a 92 camaro, swapped with an LS1 as a weekend toy for years. I've still been in love with boxsters and caymans, and I think it's time to make the move.

Camaro is up for sale, soon as it's gone I'll be seriously looking for the best Boxster I can afford. Would like to spend up to 10k, and that looks like it'll put me in a decent 986, although I'd be ok with a 987 as well (if the price works). I don't NEED it to be an S car, although that'd be fine. Car will not be tracked, will only be for weekend jaunts in and around town, to the wineries, etc. I'll use it for work on nice driving days, and enjoy spring and fall with the top down. Definitely prefer a manual transmission, would love if the IMS is already complete (unless the price is low enough that it's not a concern).

As to colors, I don't know really what I want. I did fall in love with a black 03 with tan interior, but will go look at it after the holidays. Priced at $9600, looks good but I doubt there's any decent maintenance records and feel members here may be a better source for a good car. So basically, any color exterior, tan interior (maybe black...be preferably tan)...definitely not gray. Manual transmission, base or S, and under or around $10k max budget.

Anyone selling?

flynavyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 05:39 PM   #2
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Buy Tim's before he addresses the minor issues and the price goes up. Probably the best you will find for $10K. Worth the travel to pick it up, or have it shipped.

http://986forum.com/forums/boxsters-cayman-cars-sale-wanted/70248-2004-special-edition-sale.html
Old 12-26-2017, 03:46 AM   #3

i have a blue 02 with tan interior. needs some body work but i have all the parts. also needs a front bumper cover that i do not have. $4,000
605chopshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:10 AM   #4

I have an 02 S in Arctic Silver that will be available in early spring.

Here are the basics:

- LN ceramic IMSB replaced at 54k (still have original bearing and install tool)
- New Style RMS at 54K
- Sachs clutch at 54K
- Schnell Short shift Kit
- Porsche GT3 shift knob and boot
- Litronics
- Zimmerman Rotors all around with EBC Red Stuff pads up front, Texstar OEM rear
- plus one front tires (225mm reduces understeer)
- Cruise control
- OBC
- 03 four bow top with electric defrost glass window
- Body colored interior plastics and console.
- custom leather glove box cover
- Fresh Extra plush Lloyd Mats

I need to replace the horn and the headlight switch before selling.
shadrach74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 04:53 PM   #5

Take a look at my 03S

Check out mine. Will be available around 15 Mar. Banks take a bit to send the final papers after it is paid off. 9K
SteelStroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 05:39 AM   #6

Think you guys are late. Post 34 & 41.
http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/70581-boxster-something-else.html
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:46 PM   #7

Hi,
I am selling a 986 Boxster S w/ certified IMS bearing upgrade.

You can find the ad here:
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/pts/d/porsche-boxster-32-engine/6458312118.html

Call/text me on (4zero4) 436 108zero if you're interested.
J

96Racing is offline   Reply With Quote