Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2017, 06:34 AM   #1

2000 Boxster S poss for sale

Hi all,

I have a 2000 S that I've had garaged for over a year. Originally took it off the road to replace passenger door window mechanism (done) but then it ran out of MOT. Since then it's had two new front tyres and a replacement roof (old one the window was cracked)

So I'm not sure what to do, whether to put it through the MOT as it has the ABS light on which I think is one of the wheel sensors. It also has the air bag light on where I took the door bag out to replace the window mech.

Looking for some advice really as I'm not using it and it's a shame to be parked up. Got a few miles on 140k but drives ok and doesn't look too bad for it's age.

Errin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 07:03 AM   #2

If your car cannot pass MOT, it is not worth anything to anyone in if left in its current state, except as a parts car.

The question is, should you spend the time and money to make the car road worthy or pass it on to another owner and let them do it.

Get the car to a garage and get an estimate for the repairs, then you'll have an idea what you're up against.

If the repairs cost $500 (sorry, don't have pound key!), and you sell the car as is for $700 less than you think its currently worth, you are really only loosing $200. Is it worth the $200 loss to just be done with it? Your decision, good luck!
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:31 PM   #3

If pulling the seat is
all you did to trigger Airbag light, it just needs to be reset which is not a problem. Dealership will charge likely an hr labor for a couple minutes of work. Or you can find an indie or buy a scanner too. Good luck.
DWBOX2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:00 AM   #4

your boxster FS

so what became of the possible sale? price, pictures......

and what MOT?

Last edited by etcmss; 09-02-2017 at 01:45 AM.
etcmss is offline   Reply With Quote