Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2017, 05:46 PM   #1

(SoCal) 2001 Boxster S

Hey Guys.

I want to go racing. To do that I have to sell this car. I love this car and don't want to ruin it with go fast parts.

9500$

Here are the stats. It has 109000 miles+ (still driving the car). I have put 6000miles since I have owned it. I just did it's second oil change since I have owned it. Engine is running great and you have piece of mind since the IMS has been done. This car has been over the 100K bump and is ready to drive for many years as long as the oil changes are done.

My maintenance list
To be done over the next weeks.
-Air filter
-Fuel Filter.
-Extra blade.

Recently done
-New Fob (2 blades, 3 pills, one FOB)
-Oil tubes and spark plugs with 4 prongs.
-Oil change was done recently 0w-40 Mobile 1
-Transmission oil change.
-Transmission oil was replaced with Redline GL5 75W90NS
-Pulled the pan again all good.

Done at 103000miles
-New tires 6000 miles on Carrera styled boxster rims
-Brakes have 6000 miles (hawk HP+)
-Spin on adapter
-Pulled the pan and added a X51 style baffle.
-I still have both oil filter material for inspection.
-Replace the drive axle on the left, kept the old one to be rebuilt.

Was before 98000 miles
- Replace transmission with used geabox.
- Motor and transmission mounts
- New Soft top (I have always done the Boxster chop)
- Coolant flush and thermostat
- IMS bearing from LN Engineering.
-100K miles maintenance
-Bluetooth capable radio.
-Car cover
-Original tool set.

Have all the purchase history from both previous owners and mine. Unfortunately, mines are pelican, amazon, ebay purchases, since I am a DIY guy. I mark, torque and wrench like the best out there, maybe with a little more care since I am not on the clock.

Available extra:
-Multi speaker amplifier
-Original radio. (I have the code)

-Rear bumper as a scratch. ( I have the matching paint)
-Interior is showing some wear, driver side seat has 1 or two tears in it. I suggest replacing it with a bucket seat anyway, you don't have space to recline anyway. I do have the rails if you want it installed on day 1. Worn foot rest carper. Rest of the interior is 8/10, a little summer fade here and there.

Feel free to offer me a price, the closer to the posting time, the more flexible I am.

Why so soon? I have already 3 vehicles and I want to replace it with a base boxster to race. Please buy it from me. It really feels like I am tearing tape off a wound, I need to do it quickly.

1987 325IS (Soon to be Spec E30 racecar)
2001 GSXR-600 (Almost warm outside!)

Last edited by WorkInProgressK; 02-05-2017 at 09:49 PM.
WorkInProgressK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 01:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkInProgressK View Post
replaced the oil and baffles(since I planned to track my car). Now I am at my second oil change and I found metal in the oil drain pan. I have the usual "The engine ran great before parking it". What I know is that the cam deviation is in the critical range. I was keeping an eye on it to catch if it got worst. Every 2 gaz tanks I would check if it changed. The screenshots are at home, but they were on the edge. 5deg and 6deg.

What is curious is that my filter is clean. I cut it open (LN filter adapter filter) and saved it for later.

Now I don't know what to do. I already put new oil in, but I haven't started. Thinking of dropping it and running it through a coffee filter or filters while making sure there isn't any particulates in the oil drain pan.

On another note. I just don't know how I can deal with having anxiety with this car. It's more a monetary then time. I do enjoy the work, but my goal is to eventually race and I might consider parting with this car and buying a truck to tow my other car rather then parting with my other car.

I am sorry if this is my first post, but I wanted to share where I am at with my boxster. If anyone has any tips or contacts I am keeping my options open. I am located in Orange County.

Thanks,

TLDR; Owned a boxster for 1 year, want to race the car, found metal in oil, thinking of getting rid of it.
was this metal stuff ever resolved? or just feeling anxious?
Old 02-07-2017, 01:50 PM   #3

Yeah, pulled the pan & oil. Nothing. I still have the old filters and my best guess is that I didn't clean the oil drain pan before the drain and was using it for trash.

Anyway still driving the car. I am trying to hit 3000 miles soon to drop the oil again. I am at 700miles so far. (only 32 mile commute)

I understand you are worried, I am too. I certainly don't want to sell the car that isn't reliable and it would obviously be bad if I deleted the thread.

So if you are interested, come see the car. Wait a little. I should let you know how it comes out. Also, I am running the spin on kit, there is no by-pass so any metal will be going through the filter. You remind me. Better order some filters.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:01 AM   #4

Is this still available?
Joeyliv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:11 PM   #5

Not anymore, it isn't.

Last edited by WorkInProgressK; 03-22-2017 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:50 AM   #6

It has been sold.

I will miss it.