Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2017, 07:35 PM   #1

1997 Boxster for sale 34.5k miles $9250 OBO

selling my recently purchased boxster as I have become smitten with another vehicle. Car has been fully serviced and maintenance from top mechanic in northeast for entirety of it's life. Could use new tires. Runs beautifully. This is my second boxster. Just looking for new experience.

Mao_Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 11:21 AM   #2

Lowering price $8750 OBO ...would appreciate some feedback from others on pricing, please.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:46 AM   #3

I don't know about pricing but 1 pic and a minimal description doesn't get you very far these days.
'11 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - winter daily driver
'92 F250 - junk hauler; previous Porsches '95 993;'08 Cayman S;'70 911E
356Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 01:06 PM   #4

Gotcha!! Will do more extensive write up and photos with vids! Thank you!
Old 02-04-2017, 06:08 PM   #5

I paid $6K for a '97 in silver with a hard top and very good condition out of Vegas. It did have 97K miles, so yours has significantly fewer.
ianacole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 07:16 PM   #6
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao_Junior View Post
Gotcha!! Will do more extensive write up and photos with vids! Thank you!
When you have your new info ready, it would be best to just start a new thread *without* posting the price in the title. Once you post it in the opening title, it is stuck there.

Take a look through some of the other ads here and see which ones seem successful, use their layout. Good pics that show condition of paint and interior - looks like your headlights are in great shape for a 97. Highlight the best features Hard top, any high end options. Be careful about posting TMI. I always put too much info in mine. can't help it.

This is a tough time of year to be selling a roadster in the Northeast. The market will pick up in a couple months.

GLWS
Old 02-05-2017, 02:23 PM   #7

Great feedback!! Thank you both! ..sale might be pending, but if not will do just that. I just sold a 964, and did that with tons of photos and videos. I figured winter would be slow, but at least wanted to post something quickly since the low mileage would make the car of interest to many. Figured I would send more pics to inquiries.
Old 02-19-2017, 06:17 PM   #8
midlifechrisis

Just wanted to say thanks to Vincent for his hospitality! My son and flew up to NYC and brought this car home to SC yesterday! Sold my 2000S to BigJake a few years ago and finally found another one!
So I'm sure I'll be back on the site a bit more again - thanks Vincent, see ya all soon- Dr. Phil
Drphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 07:01 PM   #9

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drphil View Post
Just wanted to say thanks to Vincent for his hospitality! My son and flew up to NYC and brought this car home to SC yesterday! Sold my 2000S to BigJake a few years ago and finally found another one!

So I'm sure I'll be back on the site a bit more again - thanks Vincent, see ya all soon- Dr. Phil

Closing in on 100k it's been a perfect car, not planning on getting rid of it anytime soon.

glad to see you got ahold of another boxster!
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 05:51 PM   #10
midlifechrisis

3 years and only 10k miles not too bad! Glad you have enjoyed the car and she's been trouble free- I would think its about time for a full service tune up but that's about it I would think.
Yes I'm glad to have a boxster again- after I sold that cat to you I got an Audi TT about 6 months later, but sold that last summer to get a 4 door with moor room for our daughter. I've been looking ever since- I just passed on a very nice 2002 S with only 28k miles at the local bmw dealer and was kicking myself for not getting it when I saw this one - it has a few bunts and blemishes but only 34k miles and a double row ims that are much less likely to fail, and to top it off a hard too too- do you use yours much? Any mods or updates? I might go sport exhaust and a flash to the ecu but that might be it- maybe some S caliper later too but for now it's just fine as it is
Drphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:31 PM   #11

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drphil View Post
3 years and only 10k miles not too bad! Glad you have enjoyed the car and she's been trouble free- I would think its about time for a full service tune up but that's about it I would think.

Yes I'm glad to have a boxster again- after I sold that cat to you I got an Audi TT about 6 months later, but sold that last summer to get a 4 door with moor room for our daughter. I've been looking ever since- I just passed on a very nice 2002 S with only 28k miles at the local bmw dealer and was kicking myself for not getting it when I saw this one - it has a few bunts and blemishes but only 34k miles and a double row ims that are much less likely to fail, and to top it off a hard too too- do you use yours much? Any mods or updates? I might go sport exhaust and a flash to the ecu but that might be it- maybe some S caliper later too but for now it's just fine as it is

No real mods other than a clemson sticker to the back window and it has a "distanced" stable mate. My gf picked up a 2000 base 59k miles arena red.

Oh, the car does have some new rubber on! Michelin pilot super sports all around, she's probably never taken a corner so well before.

While in college the car is often covered in the parking lot, but gets driven Wednesday nights (to take me to the universities formula SAE shop) and then dates on the weekend of course. The family has a extra van that I drive in most bad weather days or a to b drives leaving the boxster only for the fun runs.

BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote