Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2016, 10:31 AM   #1

WANTED - Boxster S 6-speed

I have sold my Mustang and am shopping for another Porsche (my 3rd). I want to buy a Boxster S with a manual transmission. High mileage doesn't scare me, nor does the IMS (I replaced the one in my 911 by myself). I do not want a car that has been in an accident. I do not want a car that is too nice as I will be using this car to autocross and do track days as well as pimp about the Boulevard in Kingwood on my way to the golfing course.

I will travel anywhere in America to buy a car - helping to Make It Great Again in the process.

Thanks,

Dave

Dmfracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 05:30 AM   #2

986 Porsche Boxster S search

Car 1 – 1999 Boxster non-S – silver and black, very hard to find in this color combination. It had around 100,000 miles or so. Asking price was $7.500. Initial observations after walking around the car is that it looks average. Top ok, body panels aligned, a few door dings. Not bad.

Then I opened the driver’s door and the see that the body sheetmetal under the striker plate is bent, paint cracked and rust showing. Uh-oh. I test drove the car anyway because you have to look at the bad ones so that you can identify a good one when you see it. After the test drive I couldn’t get away from that car fast enough.

Car 2 - Cars for Sale: Used 2003 Porsche Boxster in S, Houston TX: 77020 Details - Convertible - Autotrader

2003 Boxster S – asking price $11,999. 122,000 miles, being sold by a Buy Here Pay Here type dealer outfit on the east side of Houston. Pictures looked good, real life did not. I didn’t expect much but you never know. This car has a lot of issues – evidence of front and rear hits – both bumpers were out of alignment. Holes in the top, interior top insulation sagging - needs new top. Interior dirty and nasty. Front tires dry rotted. Back tires new, not same brand as fronts.

I didn’t try the top – it was cold, my wife was with me and I knew I wasn’t going to buy this car, so why bother? The car started and drove ok. Shifter was loose and worn as you would expect with that many miles. Didn’t see any fluid leaks. Couldn’t walk away from this pile fast enough.

Car 3 – 2001 Porsche Boxster Roadster S Convertible 2-Door | eBay

2001 Boxster S – 66,000 miles. Rebuilt title due to right rear corner hit. Seller stated only right rear fender replaced. He forgot to mention that the rear deck lid, rear bumper and front bumper had also been resprayed, poorly. Rear plastic window re-stiched, poorly. Aftermarket Recaro power seats that didn’t work and say too high in the car. I only rode along as a passenger as I didn’t think I could even get behind the wheel with a non-adjustable seat too far forward. I’m 6’1”.

The seller also has another Boxster S in better shape that I will try and go look at next week. Although based on how he represented the black car on eBay vs. what he’s telling me about his yellow car I don’t have high hopes about it,either.
Dmfracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 06:00 AM   #3

2000 S, 6 speed,120K, Clean carfax.

If you can wait a month or so, I have a 2000 S with manual transmission, 120K, clean carfax that I am doing some maintenance on (IMS bearing, clutch, AOS, etc.) Original engine replaced due to IMS bearing failure. Top works fine though rear window is plastic and faded some. Interior is good condition without tears. Dark, dark gray with black interior (I'll check paint code and report back.) Factory 18" wheels that PCA will allow. It is below freezing here so I can't wash it up for pictures, but trust me it will show nicely. I'll ask somewhere just under $10K. Car is located in Decatur, IL.
Xcellr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 11:12 AM   #4

I sent you a PM. Not sure if I'm ready to sell, but if it's the right solution for both of us....
Jellis61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 03:33 AM   #5

Sorry - rookie mistake....

Dmfracer - i sent YOU a PM. 2000s, 58000 mi. IMS, water pump last summer, (at 50k), new rear tires (nail damage - fronts are still good). I would say the car is mechanically and aesthetically sound...it's a daily driver with some niggling little 16 year old issues. Not dying to sell, but if you find yourself in Shreveport, maybe look me up.
Jellis61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 05:22 PM   #6

I have a silver 2000 Boxster S with 62K, in excellent condition with IMS, clutch, flywheel and front brakes all completed Spring 2016. Diving into suspension upgrades this coming Spring, but thinking I may buy a Cayman S instead. Looking for $16K and will throw in a set of 18-inch sport design wheels with Conti Extreme Contract tires for another $1K.

Please let me know if you have any interest.
ClayJ13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 11:23 AM   #7
l3m

Dmfracer,

I sent you a pm.
Old 12-31-2016, 12:54 PM   #8

I'm looking to sell mine. I'm in Houston. Its well sorted. It has recent IMS, new control arms, sway bushings, endlinks. Its well sorted, garage kept and trouble free.

2001 Porsche Boxster S
jedblanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:15 PM   #9

pm sent 2001S with ims replaced(LN 2 row) newer tires seal grey on black factory m030 suspension option good if you want to stay stock and autocross it 69000 miles near Detroit $12000
johnsjmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:22 PM   #10
Perfectionist

Surely plenty to pick from.
I have a super clean California car if interested:
Ads:
FS: 2003 Porsche Boxster S (IMS Retrofit Done, All Records) - Rennlist Discussion Forums

http://986forum.com/forums/boxsters-sale-wanted/64226-sale-2003-porsche-boxster-s-manual-ims-retrofit-done-loads-more.html

Good luck!

Shred is offline   Reply With Quote