Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2016, 06:44 PM   #1

WTB 2000-2003 Boxster S

Hi 986Forum community! I'm new here, although I've been lurking for a bit, and have appreciated the resources to learn about this car that's captured my heart.

I'm looking to buy a Boxster S, and am fairly open but have a somewhat-tight budget. Here's my dream car:
  • 2001-2003 Boxster S
  • Clean title (requirement)
  • 80k-120k miles
  • Manual Transmission (requirement)
  • Good mechanical and visual condition
  • Fresh IMSB with direct oil feed, AOS, and RMS
  • Never been in a wreck
  • Blue, Green, or Teal exterior
  • Beige all-leather interior
  • PSE or similar upgraded but no-drone exhaust
  • Sound system at least with door speakers

My budget tops out around $9,000 (may have slight wiggle room for an amazing car), which will need to include the costs of shipping to the Portland, OR area if it's further than ~500 miles away.

I understand I probably won't get the ideal car in my budget (even though KBB would suggest that it should be possible). So here's the extent of what I'm interested in considering:
  • Year 2000 as well
  • Up to ~150k miles if very strong maintenance records available
  • Some light mechanical issues - e.g. needs wheel bearings, a clutch soon, tires, etc. Will need to accommodate me making these repairs in the pricing.
  • Surface cosmetic issues - e.g. some scratches that could be worked out with a buffer, a dent or two, worn-looking top, etc.
  • Original IMSB, RMS, AOS, etc.
  • Been in a light collision with only damage to an insignificant area (e.g. required new bumper or panel, but no frame or suspension damage)
  • Any other exterior color other than yellow, red, or black (although might compromise on this for the perfect car otherwise)
  • Any other interior color (although really not a fan of grey)
  • Any exhaust
  • Any sound system

I've been scouring Craigslist, Ebay, AutoTrader, Cars.com, and the PCA "Mart" ads for a month or so in ever-widening geographic circles and haven't quite found the right fit. I thought I had one on the east coast, but the PPI revealed the dealer was a lying scumbag (what a shock ).

If you think I might be the right person to care for and enjoy your Boxster next, or you have a lead on one that might fit this profile, please let me know!

Thanks,

Joel

Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 04:00 PM   #2

YOu're a little light on the price, you may want to go with a boxster 97-99
jrebot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 12:47 PM   #3

I have a 2001 S which might work Seal grey 6 speed manual loaded car with litronics,18 wheels and very rare original m030 suspension pkg. Car originally from Florida .near Detroit now Clutch ,tires, front bilstein sport struts ,all brakes new in last 10 k miles (EBC yellow stuff pads ,high carbon rotors ), new AOS ,plugs and tubes and LN engineering dual row IMS bearing at same time as clutch ,last year. Everything works including AC, good top newer battery underdrive pulley strut tower braces. Has 2005 Cayman/Boxster wheels
car has only 68800 mi on it which is low and should add a premium as well as the recent upgrades from your wish list (IMS brg and clutch etc.) ,negatives bumper cover and drivers door have been repainted in past with good body work but not perfect color match in certain light. Asking $12,000 ( less $350 with original wheels shown) johnsjmc@sympatico.ca

Last edited by johnsjmc; 11-12-2016 at 12:53 PM.
johnsjmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:48 AM   #4
Perfectionist

KBB is way off the mark on Porsche prices. 9k you won't be able to touch a 03s in the condition you want.
Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 11:08 AM   #5

http://986forum.com/forums/boxsters-sale-wanted/64112-2002-boxster-s-sale-loaded-exc-condition.html
jrebot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 01:59 PM   #6

Thanks all for the info and feedback. I currently have a verbal agreement with a guy 2200 miles away from me on his 2001 S that I found on Craigslist. The final deal is awaiting a PPI that should happen in a couple of days. It has that beige interior that I love the look of, so that's why I'm sacrificing locality. I'll be sure to post once I get the car (assuming it goes through).

By the way, I chatted with johnsjmc about his car (a few posts above this one) and it sounds like a great car if I had just a bit more budget. So for anyone looking in the great lakes area, you might consider it.

jrebot2, thanks for the link to your car, unfortunately my budget only allows for higher-milage cars, and I'm strongly preferring the beige interior at this point.

Joel is offline   Reply With Quote