Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2015, 06:47 PM   #1

WTB - Tow Hook

Looking to get a tow hook for my 02 Boxster. Been tempting fate too long driving around without one. I'm up here in the Great White North - not sure how heavy it is for shipping/cost? Thanks.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:35 PM   #2
Olde Tyme Sport Cars

Smile Tow hook

Giller, just purchased a new tow hook from New-Part.com - Import and Domestic Auto Parts and Accessories for $38.95 (US). Delivery was extremely quick.
history19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:00 AM   #3

Garage
Yeah, but they are all over ebay. This is what I got, way cooler and cheaper:

Universal Car Decoration Crash Worthy Purpose Front Tow Hook Trailer Blue New | eBay
Dlirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:39 AM   #4

I agree with Dlirium. Don't pay big bucks for a Porsche tow hook. The aftermarket one will work just fine.

BTW, I paid $13 for my Porsche tow hook on eBay a few years ago. Stealership pricing is OUTRAGEOUS.

If you must have factory, go to Sunset Imports in Oregon and ask them for a price. 10% over their hard cost is what they sell for to out of state buyers.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:42 AM   #5

Thanks guys - especially for the link. Definitely does not have to be OEM - just so long as it works. Ones on ebay all seemed to be about $50 plus shipping which added up to quite a bit for a tow hook. Like to spend my money on more important (ne FUN) pieces.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:30 AM   #6

Try "itsnotanova" on this board. I'll bet he's got a hundred of them down there in Texas.
schnellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:01 PM   #7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giller View Post
Thanks guys - especially for the link. Definitely does not have to be OEM - just so long as it works. Ones on ebay all seemed to be about $50 plus shipping which added up to quite a bit for a tow hook. Like to spend my money on more important (ne FUN) pieces.
?? $18 free shipping:

Universal Car Decoration Crash Worthy Purpose Front Tow Hook Trailer Blue New | eBay
Dlirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 02:42 PM   #8

These EBay ones fit the Boxster no problem?
Old 03-17-2015, 01:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlirium View Post
You have this and it fits a Boxster? Listing says it is NOT compatible with a Boxster.....but those aren't always accurate.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:34 AM   #10

I'd shoot Woody (ItsNotANova) a message. With all the cars he gets and parts out he must have at least a few tow hooks.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:44 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giller View Post
You have this and it fits a Boxster? Listing says it is NOT compatible with a Boxster.....but those aren't always accurate.
It does say it fits a 2000 Porsche 911, if true then it fits the boxster. I think they all are the same, check the fit guide for the Rennline tow hooks to see what years are the same.

Woody probably has one (itsnotanova) and could probably ship USPS to save on the shipping.

I have the rennline and I leave it on all the time because I think it looks cool

For $18 that eBay one looks a lot like it and I like the blue, I may pick one up and sell the rennline one if the eBay one looks like it is any good. I don't want it to fly apart if I ever need to get a tow...
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 04:09 PM   #12

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Surprisingly I don't really have extra ones. The good ones get sold with good kits and the few rusty ones I have, I use around here.