Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2014, 05:48 AM   #1

1998 Porsche Boxster silver 5 speed

*SOLD*

1998 Porsche Boxster 5-speed -- 154k original miles - $10500 - Atlanta, GA

This is a Silver 1998 Porsche Boxster 5-speed. This car is in excellent shape with working heating and air conditioning, working convertible top, forged 17”alloy wheels and all the amenities known to Porsche. This car was kept in excellent shape with every part working. This car has a clean title, was never smoked in.

Here are the specs on the car:

Clean title -- clean carfax
Engine has 154,xxx original miles
Owned by a non-smoker
Tires – Michelin Pilot Sport tires – 225/40/ZR17 front, 255/40/ZR17 rear -- 70% of tread left
Air conditioning blows cold, heat blows hot
Front and side airbags
Everything works: The convertible top, steering, ABS, traction control, lighting, air conditioning, etc. The car has no problems
Engine oil was changed every 7500 miles
Passed last emission test
no frame damage
no rust at all

The car will come with the jack, spare tire, original tool kit and owners manual, as well as a records book with receipts for the last major maintenance interval.

The following items were replaced within the last 14 months:

Convertible soft top (rear window is clear, no fogging, no leaks at all.)
Entire macphearson strut suspension was replaced with Bilstein, as was the oil pump (have receipt)
New front rotors and pads (OEM Porsche discs and pads – replaced 3 months ago)
New rear rotors and pads
New headlight bulbs
New Oxygen sensors (all 4)
New Air/oil separator
New MAF sensor
New entire drivers seat (replaced with brand new original seat)
IMS bearing was replaced (cannot find paperwork)
Headlights were polished

The original floor mats are in excellent shape. This car has the optional sport pedals which are billet aluminum with rubber grips. The driver’s seat leather got a bit rough so the seat was replaced with a brand new seat from Porsche. It was professionally installed. The body is straight, no accidents or frame damage. No check engine light and no engine codes. There is only one or two nicks and scratches throughout the car. The paint is in exceptional shape. When its waxed it looks in showroom condition.

The VIN is available if you would like to check the vehicle's carfax.

Last edited by BrakeExpert; 05-26-2014 at 09:49 AM.
BrakeExpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:27 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrakeExpert View Post
Everything works: The sunroof, steering, ABS, traction control, lighting, air conditioning, etc. The car has no problems
It must have been an expensive option. I don't have a sunroof...
mikehkang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:58 AM   #3

That's a very clean looking 98! I would hunt hard for the IMS bearing receipt as that ads considerable value to your car.

Best of luck with your sale!
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:47 PM   #4

Sorry, thanks for mentioning that. And yeah the more I browse on here and every other site, that seems to be the biggest concern about the Boxster. Though I'm told my year doesn't apply under the settlement, others say that almost every model can be prone to it. Someone told me that they assumed mine was replaced cause theres no way itd go 150k on the factory one, hehe. From my limited expertise in materials, typically youd use a roller bearing thats lubricated by engine oil opposed to a sealed double-ball bearing, especially on something without much sideways force applied to it. Guess everyone else thinks so too.
BrakeExpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:23 PM   #5

Garage
If you had the IMSB replaced, call the shop and get a duplicate receipt. If I were a prospective buyer and you said you had the IMSB replaced "but can't find the receipt," I wouldn't believe you. Just sayin'.