Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2014, 05:46 AM   #1

Garage
2002 Boxster S Complete stock bore rebuild

2002 Porsche Boxster S (VIN WP0CB29812U663388)

$20,000

Triple black, 250-hp, 3.2 flat six, 6-speed manual transmission, A/C, cruise, Litronic HID lighting with washers, power leather seating w/ memory, rear wind screen 18 inch “Twist” wheels wrapped in General G-Max AS-05 tires with over 50% tread left. Current mileage is 83,400 miles (this will change because the car is still being enjoyed regularly on sunny days). There is no accident history, I have the clear Georgia title in hand and everything works as it should. The car is stored inside in a non-smoking non-pet environment and adult driven only. Mechanically the car is a 10 cosmetically the car is an 8/10 due to normal wear and random paint chips found on a car of its age. The top is the original plastic rear window top. Both the top and rear window are in very good condition. Feel free to email me at okelleyappraisals@comcast.net or call 770-362-7848 for additional detailed photos or video.

After months of research for a good condition properly maintained Boxster, I stumbled upon this car while reaching out to Flat 6 Innovations to get an idea of what the costs would be if I were to purchase a Porsche and bring it to them for a “failure prevention package.” The shop manager I spoke with told me the owner just happened to be in that day and he would be happy to transfer me over to speak with him directly. In my conversation with Jake he mentioned that he had a 02 Boxster S in storage that he was about to rebuild. The car came from Florida and had been sent to Brumos Porsche Porsche Dealer | Jacksonville, Florida | Brumos Porsche where the engine was completely disassembled after an IMS failure. Jake purchased it in its current state, the chassis was put in his storage and the disassembled engine and transmission was sent to his shop for analysis and inspection. Jake said that this would be a great opportunity to get a car with no secrets or surprises and see it completely disassembled before his thorough inspection and rebuild. The next day I drove up, met with Jake, toured his facility, visually inspected the car, engine and transmission and agreed to start the project. (I have photos available upon request of the car, engine and transmission dissembled.) Within a month I had my first Porsche and was able to enjoy it without any concerns what so ever. This Since the rebuild I have ran it through 1000 miles with break-in oil and now approximately 2000 miles on its first DT40 oil change.

Below is a detailed list of stock engine bore build list:

Recent Flat Six Innovations stock bore rebuild at 81,500 miles which included all new:

IMS bearing
IMS Chain Rail
IMS Tensioner Rail
IMS Chain Late
Chain Guide
Chain Rail Tensioner
Timing Chain
Gasket kit
ARP Rod Bolts
Lifter
Thrust Bearing
Main Bearing
Rod Bearing
Vario Chain
Vario Chain Rail
Head Gasket
Water Pump
Low Temp Thermostat
Heat Exchanger
Air Oil Seperator
Spark Plugs
DT40 Oil
Port and Polish Heads
Dyno tested and tuned

Link to video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryiBXn6kjPU

Additional enhancements include:

JIC Cross exhaust system purchased from Jake Raby and installed after rebuild (very subtle and no highway drone) Very similar to stock sound and great weight reduction.
Smoked side markers
All Red OEM tail lights
De badged rear deck lid
Color matched painted rear bumper-ettes (small bumpers on either side or rear license plate)
18” OEM twist wheels with colored crests

Attached Images

Last edited by kevo; 03-20-2014 at 04:54 PM.
kevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:35 AM   #2

Garage
Deposit accepted and pending
Old 05-07-2014, 06:07 PM   #3

Garage
SOLD. Thanks T.C.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:11 PM   #4

Original cost:

What did you pay for that 02 from Flat Six? I just contacted them for a similar build. Feel free to dm me.

Stephen

Abronia is offline   Reply With Quote