Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 05:53 AM   #1

street/track boxster 3.4L

1999 3.4L boxster "GT".

Please see this link to the original ad by the original owner. The description is very complete and I have added additional info and pictures.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...rice-drop.html

This car has been transformed into something special. A lot of thought and money has been put into this car.

Currently 25K miles on 3.4 996 crate motor, 17K on transmission.

Car currently has Dunlop direzza 2's (plenty of tread) on 18 inch MY02 wheels. The stock 17 inch wheels have essentially brand new Pirelli winter tires (in order to drive year round) and I also have almost full tread Dunlop direzza star specs, which original owner used as rain tires, on the 17 inch wheels. These are currently unmounted. The wheels are in great shape and I can send pics to anyone. The wheels have no curb rash. The previous owner had a few of the wheels resprayed to remove any blemishes.

Pictures show a stack of essentially every receit since new. Previous owner was in one accident, spinning on snow and hitting a guard rail, several years ago and I have all the documentation of the repair. I just had the front bumper and hood resprayed as well as having a small dent repaired. I have before and after pics and it was very minor.

Since purchasing the car last August (2012), I have replaced all 4 wheel bearings, added brey krause roll bar extension, LN magnetic drain plug, LN spin on oil filter adapter, new MAF sensor, added mesh to front grills to keep out debris from radiators, replaced radiator fan, replaced leaky AC condensor, performed 3 oil changes (Joe Gibbs DT40) and 2 brake flushes (Castrol SRF). I do have another set of HANS (3-2-3) 6 compatible 6 pt harnesses, driver and passenger, that I did not get mounted. The are out of date, but unused.

I did 3 DE last summer/fall and 2 this spring. Approximately 600 miles of the 11,000 I have driven in the last year are on the track. The remainder have primarily been my 25-35 mile one way hwy commute.

The car recently passed CT emissions. However, an occasional CEL will come on for Secondary Air Injection and Evap Emissions. These are not an issue regarding driveability or performance. And, in CT as long as CEL is not on at the time of testing, only need 6 out of 8 parameters "ready". There is a pic of the recent test. I always check the codes to be sure and just reset the light.

There are really only 3 cosmetic issues. The back window has 2 vertical cracks. (I didn't know I was not suppose to open roof in cold weather.) Repaired them with E6000 epoxy which is flexible and weatherproof. The brake calipers are painted red and there is some peeling of the right rear caliper. There is a small wrinkle in the rear bumper cover down low on the left side of the car, from a broken muffler slightly melting the plastic. This is old and from previous owner. I have pictures, if not visible in this ad, available and is barely noticeable.

I am selling for medical reasons; 2 back surgeries since last December. Honestly, the GT3 are not bad, but the overall ride is hard and the sitting position is fairly low.

I live 7 miles from the original owner, a PCA instructor. He is available to answer any questions anybody may have regarding this car.

This car has been built the right way. The major upgrade parts alone are close to $40K. The engine transplant alone, was $33K with parts and labor.

A stock 99 boxster, with 2.5L is a 12K car. Basically asking for 10K more for all the extra parts and labor. GT3 seats, MY02 wheels, suspension, exhaust, extra wheels with snow tires, roll bar extension, traqmate, etc, etc., etc. This car is probably worth more in parts.

My goal was to drive this car for a few years on and off the track and then finish the track only transformation. I had envisioned going to a full cage and really making a dedicated track vehicle. But, my circumstances have changed.

This car is ready to go. Maintenance is up to date. Needs nothing right now.

Please PM me with any additonal questions and an email address for so i can send more pictures and I will email back. Happy to help facilitate PPI for anyone. I am just outside of Hartford CT.

Thanks for looking,
Jeff

boxgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:19 PM   #2

PRICE REDUCED SEE NEW LINK

Porsche Boxster GT | eBay

boxgt is offline   Reply With Quote