Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #1

Engine swap 03 boxster to o4 s

Could I swap an engine from an 03 boxster 2.7L to an 04 Boxster S. If yes is an easy swap? How much I expect to pay for it? who do you recommend around Rhode Island to do it, that is not the dealer? Thanks in advance

carlosnolasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:10 PM   #2

Garage
I did this the other way so yes. I took a 2004, 3.2 converted to a 3.6 into a non S 2003. I performed the work it to me 3 days 1 day removing 2 installing. It ran without any additional work. Its had a Softronics retune since.

If I were to guess your probably looking at 16 to 20 hour labor and fluids
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #3

So that mean that it is possible? I have both cars, but the 04 Boxster S has not engine and not transmission, so that is why I will like to do the swap. I am not mechanic. I need to be sure about it. Are you around Rhode Island by any chance? if yes, are you willing to do it for me and how much could cost me to do it? you said is 20 hours labor, so how much could be in labor? If no, could you recommend somebody around here? Thanks in advance
Old 09-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #4

Garage
Sorry I'm in Central PA.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #5

So, by your explanation, it is a straight swap, I dont have to worry about computer switch or anything? Do you know somebody around here that could do it, I want to do the IMS replacement and other things that you can recommend me to do it. Thanks
Old 09-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #6

Did somebody did it? I only had one answer in favor and one against. So now I dont know if is possible or no, could somebody post more help, please. I have both cars. I dont want to buy an engine and then run in a lot of trouble missing parts to do the swap. Thanks in advance