Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #1

1999 Boxster - bad engine - SOLD

I'm selling my 1999 black Boxster. It has a cracked #5 cylinder on the crankcase side (not sleevable). It still runs, and for the most part, runs fine. Sometimes it runs like crap and throws a code for misfires on the #5 cylinder. Mechanically, it is sound (except for the crack). It's got an LNE IMS, new water pump, and new AOS. This was my daily driver, so it has door dings. It needs a new rear window on the convertible top, as it has a small spiderweb crack in the middle. I've got that covered with a small spot of helicopter tape, so it doesn't leak.

I've got Brey & Krause seat mounts with sliders, and without sliders (2 sets of mounts) for a Recaro Profi SPG XL seat which is also available. I've got a black hardtop available, and winter wheels and tires also available.

It is drivable, but I don't know for how much longer, so I wouldn't plan on driving it home unless you're in the Chicago area.

Last edited by Mike_Yi; 10-04-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Mike_Yi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #2
Newb

Sorry to hear of that failure especially since you did all the other preventative maintenance items.

Thanks for the detailed description but you forgot the most important part....$$$$$$
2008 Land Rover LR3 Alaska White/Alpaca
2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Dk Grey/Lt Grey
V-Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:05 PM   #3
Blake

How much are you wanting for it and do you have pictures?
Topdown986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #4

How many miles? How much are you asking ?
I am looking for something like this for my project .
herman maire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #5

The chassis has around 75,000 miles. The engine is the third (as far as I know) that has been in the car. When I bought the car it had a warranty replacement engine. I blew the engine at Road America and replaced it with the current engine from OK Foreign. They told me the engine had 96k on it.

I can take pictures of it tomorrow, though it is dirty as it's been sitting the driveway since Feb.

I'm hoping to get around $3500, as that's what I paid for this engine that only lasted 2 years. Make me an offer. The hardtop, winter wheels/tires, and seat/seat hardware would be negotiable separately.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #6

The chassis has around 75,000 miles. The engine is the third (as far as I know) that has been in the car. When I bought the car it had a warranty replacement engine. I blew the engine at Road America and replaced it with the current engine from OK Foreign. They told me the engine had 96k on it.

I can take pictures of it tomorrow, though it is dirty as it's been sitting the driveway since Feb.

I'm hoping to get around $3500, as that's what I paid for this engine that only lasted 2 years. Make me an offer. The hardtop, winter wheels/tires, and seat/seat hardware would be negotiable separately.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #7

The car has been sold.