Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #1

Selling my 97 red Porsche boxster 986 with over 5K in mods One of a KIND $9500

CLICK link below to see all the pictures of the car from photobucket

porsche pictures by mantisepc - Photobucket

hi before i begin describing my porsche i would like to say that when i bought this car i had no intention of selling it. i spent alot of money and put alot of time into this car because i thought it would be with me for a very long time. i spend almost 5k in mods and about 100 hours of my own time doing the work. Yes i can trust a mechanic to do it but no one will do it with this much care then me. And now my wife is forcing me to sell it because we just had twin boys. i just want to make sure that my baby goes to someone who really cares for these cars thats why i am listing it on this forum before i list on craigslist or something.

i have included tons of pictures with this car. this car is a real head turner every where i go people look. i hate letting wifey drive this car because the amount of attention she gets in it is unbelievable people 3 lanes across try to hollar at her when she is at a red light.

the car is a 1997 red porsche boxster. it has 76k original miles. has always been properly maintained. i am the third owner of this car the first two owners were members of my family and both mechanics so this car was properly taken care of. it has never been in an accident before and the title is clear.

mods

-suspension
i have installed brand new oem shocks and struts and installed brand new performance springs that lowered the car about 2 inches that is why it looks so amazing now and also hugs the road much nicer when going fast on sharp corners

-exhuast
i have installed a brand new M2 performance exhaust that comes with two shinney mufflers. the sound it makes is unbelievable a very deep rich sound that makes that car sound like an amazing sports car. this is what really turns the heads when people hear this car coming.
i have also changed all for O2 sensors in the last 2k miles and changed the cat converters in the last 10 k miles.

-engine
i have changed the water pump, fuel pump, maf sensor, all spark plugs have been changed and other stuff that i can't remember at the moment but will come to me when i finish writing this ad. the most important thing to be said here is that so much of the engine was changed in this car because it is an older car that this car is ready for another 100k miles without anything needed to be changed except maybe oil and brakes. most of the stuff i changed not because it was bad is that its an older car and i didnt want it to go bad so i changed.

-AC
i have installed 2 oem radiators, and 2 oem air condensors, and also an ac compressor, within the last 5k miles. the ac was blowing cold but not cold enough for me i wanted to ride with the top down and have it an ice box in the car as well so i changed all that for it to happen.

-Air filters
all filters have been changed including the cabin filter

-oil filter
i have added an adapter to the oil filter that now allows me to use the standard oil filters that you see on new porsches instead of the cartridge oil filter and the plastic cap that this car originally came with. the cartridge oil filters were ok but the metal cap filters work alot better thats why all new porsches now have these type of filters. i will include 2 extra oil filters with the purchase of this car because i won't be needing them anymore if i sell this porsche.

-ims bearing
this car did not have a bearing issue but it doesn't mean that it might not have one in the future when the reaches 100k so like i said before i had no intention of selling the car so i decided to have it changed anyway to hopefully avoid a head ache in the future. i had a buddy of mine that actually worked in a porsche service shop(now works for mercedes) perform the upgrade job for me. i didn't go with LN IMS bearing kit instead i went with porsches own upgraded kit. he did tons of these jobs at the dealership and said if it ever broke down i can always come back and get it replaced again but with the LN kit they would not warranty it. so i went with porsches ims fix.

-navagation/dvd/bluetooth/sounds system
now for the good stuff that actually makes this car worth it. i didn't get a chance to install some parts because when the kids came out i really barely even got time to work on this car anymore.
i installed the sony XNV-770bt 7" touch screen cd,dvd, bluetooth, navigation receiver.link below

Sony XNV-770BT - 7" Bluetooth/DVD/GPS Receiver | Pacific Stereo

i installed the double din kit with it and relocated the buttons that where there below it. i have also installed HD radio Kit and the Sirius radio kit with it. i uninstalled the crappy windshield antenna and bought a better upgraded antenna. I have also a backup camera with navigational lines that will help you park if needed that sits above one of the license plates lights. The wires for it have been placed but the camera has not been fully installed but i will include everything with it. just didn't have enough time to get to it after the twins.

i have also upgraded all 4 speakers in the car with kenwood i forgot how many watts but they cost like 300$ a pair its some crazy number so you know they are really good. i have also ran an iphone connection wire from the center console that will allow you to plug in your iphone and play music of videos right off the touch screen.
THe car also has bluetooth because of the touchscreen receiver very simple to use you can even play your music right off the bluetooth no need to hook it up to the wire if you don't have an iphone.
In the sunviser i have included a microphone so that now you can talk wirelessly on the phone while your are driving.
Also this the upgraded Reciever the one that comes with Tom Tom turn by turn voice navigation. most after market receivers have some crappy navigation system but this one has the best tom tom navigation. definitly worth it i love tom tom had the single unit before now its built into the receiver trully amazing.

i am also including a 1000 watt amp and 2 subwoofers with the car that i didn't get a chance to install in the car and also front and back brakes with sensors which will probably need installing as soon as the brake light turns on.

i hope i have included everything that i have changed in the car. the car has the check engine light on with service code p1124 and p1126. porsche dealer wants about 800$ to fix this vacuum leak. i would have eventually got around to doing it myself if i didn't have kids but its time for me to let this baby go and maybe move onto a minivan or something.

i am selling this car for $9500 pretty cheap compared to the amount of stuff that i have put into it. the car runs and drives great. i hope it goes to someone who puts as much love and time into it as i have. i can be reached at 646-460-4600 i would prefer a text message before a call as sometimes i don't pick up if i don't recognize the number. thanks

please click on the photobucket link to see all the pictures of the car it is really time consuming uploading them into the forum.

porsche pictures by mantisepc - Photobucket

also i forgot to mention that the left taillight needs to be replaced because it is broken i forgot about it until i looked at the pictures. also forgot to mention that the speakers already have a sony amp attached to them and the amp that i am including for the subs is completely seperate there will be two amps in the car once it is installed

mantisepc is offline   Reply With Quote