Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 08:37 AM   #1

Thumbs up FS/WTT: 2004 Porsche Boxster, Carrera Wheels, MT, Xenon, Bose, $15,500 firm, TN

Sold sold sold!!

Last edited by GBrewer; 11-08-2011 at 04:57 PM.
GBrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:59 AM   #2

Uh...not that I'm in the market right now, but I'm pretty sure people are going to want to know the mileage.
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:24 AM   #3

Garage
Nothing like placing an add and start knocking other peoples cars "Don't waste your money on an older S", "not that worthless tiptronic automatic".

2 Posts on this site and one is an add to sell their car? Anyone interested I would be cautious.

P.S. He's owned this car for a month.

Last edited by Jaxonalden; 10-28-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Jaxonalden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:01 PM   #4

To intelligent person asking about mileage, the vehicle has 98k actual miles.

To the person who needs to know more...

1. The sentance wasn't directed in you or anyone else that actually owns an older S. This is just my opinion when doing my own research when I purchased this vehicle.

2. Again, my opinion, I feel that an automatic is virtually worthless in any type of sports car with the exception of Dual clutch configurations, ie:new M3.

3. I've worked in the car business for over 5 years and have been with highline store for the past 2. If you work in real estate, you've probably owned more than one house. I've owned 25+ vehicles personally and drive each one for a short time and then I'm done with them.

4. If anyone looking at this ad has any concerns about my integrity as a seller, my State of Tennessee Motor Vehicle Commission Sales License is number is 00064322.

Your attempted thread jack shows your maturity level, seeing as we're all adults here??

P.S. Just because I have 2 posts on this particular forum doesn't mean I can't list my vehicle for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxonalden View Post
Nothing like placing an add and start knocking other peoples cars "Don't waste your money on an older S", "not that worthless tiptronic automatic".

2 Posts on this site and one is an add to sell their car? Anyone interested I would be cautious.

P.S. He's owned this car for a month.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrewer View Post
To intelligent person asking about mileage, the vehicle has 98k actual miles.

To the person who needs to know more...

1. The sentance wasn't directed in you or anyone else that actually owns an older S. This is just my opinion when doing my own research when I purchased this vehicle.

2. Again, my opinion, I feel that an automatic is virtually worthless in any type of sports car with the exception of Dual clutch configurations, ie:new M3.

3. I've worked in the car business for over 5 years and have been with highline store for the past 2. If you work in real estate, you've probably owned more than one house. I've owned 25+ vehicles personally and drive each one for a short time and then I'm done with them.

4. If anyone looking at this ad has any concerns about my integrity as a seller, my State of Tennessee Motor Vehicle Commission Sales License is number is 00064322.

Your attempted thread jack shows your maturity level, seeing as we're all adults here??

P.S. Just because I have 2 posts on this particular forum doesn't mean I can't list my vehicle for sale.
Hey, deep down I always suspected I was more 'intelligent' and more 'mature' than Jaxonalden, but never before did I have any real proof, no concrete evidence, no third party verification...but now? My suspicions confirmed!!
Old 10-28-2011, 03:55 PM   #6

Gbrewer. Work for a dealership? Private vehicle? Right, for this week maybe. Dealers don't have private vehicles,they drive whats on the lot. How long has the vehicle been titled in your name? We've all been to a rodeo and a state fair here, so don't insult our intelligence.

To prospective buyers, this might be a good deal. Dealers never sell anything with a "firm" price, everything is negotiable. You know the dealer paid well below wholesale for the car, so lowball him, he might bite. NADA trade in is 10,300 to 13,500.

2000 Boxster 2.7l red/black

Previous cars

1973 Opel Manta
1969(?) Fiat 850 Convertible
1979 Lancia Beta Coupe
1981 Alfa Romeo GTV 6
1985 Alfa Romeo Graduate
1985 Porsche 944
1989 Porsche 944
1981 Triumph TR7
1989 (?) Alfa Romeo Milano
1993 Saab 9000

Last edited by san rensho; 10-28-2011 at 03:59 PM.
san rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:36 PM   #7

Tough crowd today !
Old 10-29-2011, 05:37 AM   #8

I myself am not a Dealer. I work in the car business. I don't drive a demo. I've never driven a demo or have gone to an auction to buy any vehicle at "wholesale". Sure the mom and pop stores can just put a tag on any vehicle in their inventory and drive it for however long they want to and then just sell it on their lot when they get tired of it.

I've owned a vehicle for up to a year, this one I've owned for about 2 months. I paid cash for the vehicle from a private induvidual with my own money. It's a great car but I'm just looking for something different, preferably with a back seat. Price is listed as "firm" so I don't get lowballers.

By any means I'm not going to miss selling a car over a few hundred dollars but for the most part I expect to get at or near asking price considering book value is around $18.5k and trade is up to "13,500" as you said. If anyone is actually interested in the car please feel free to contact me.

I'm actually shocked at how some of the members on this forum talk trash and act. This is something you would expect on a Honda forum full of teenagers, not a Porsche forum. Grow up and spend your time doing something a little bit more productive because whatever you are trying to accomplish by doing such is a complete waste of your time.

All ignorant comments from non-buyers at this point will be ignored.

Furthermore, maybe both of you should read the Polices & Etiquette thread...
http://986forum.com/forums/latest-info/2531-986forum-policies-etiquette-reminder.html#post256298

Quote:
Originally Posted by san rensho View Post
Gbrewer. Work for a dealership? Private vehicle? Right, for this week maybe. Dealers don't have private vehicles,they drive whats on the lot. How long has the vehicle been titled in your name? We've all been to a rodeo and a state fair here, so don't insult our intelligence.

To prospective buyers, this might be a good deal. Dealers never sell anything with a "firm" price, everything is negotiable. You know the dealer paid well below wholesale for the car, so lowball him, he might bite. NADA trade in is 10,300 to 13,500.

Last edited by GBrewer; 10-29-2011 at 06:14 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:34 AM   #9

So SENSITIVE!

Lighten up! We're mostly just plalyin' around. It's what we do...
Old 10-29-2011, 07:24 AM   #10

I think OP shows a bit of arrogance by first saying "Dont waste your money on an older S", then proceed to mention he works at a car dealership but this is a private sale. It's unnecessary information that, along with an asking price that's too good to be true, raises more questions for potential buyers...

My $0.02.
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:28 PM   #11

Garage
GBrewer,

You're a used car salesman (and proved it) trying to pass yourself off as a legitimate Boxster owner. You're just hustling your goods on our forum. You give a high Kelly Blue Book retail price with an asking $3K below that to sweeten the deal and everyone in the business knows you bought it by Black Book cost which is $10-$13.5K.

Again, anyone interested...BEWARE!

On the subject of my maturity, trying to belittle me because I'm warning my fellow forum members of a possible scam? I think you just proved I'm right.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:41 PM   #12

You guys are absolutely hilarious. Wasting all your time trying to jack my thread. "BEWARE" lol give me a break!!! The only thing that I proved you are is a tool bag sir!! The internet these days lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxonalden View Post
GBrewer,

You're a used car salesman (and proved it) trying to pass yourself off as a legitimate Boxster owner. You're just hustling your goods on our forum. You give a high Kelly Blue Book retail price with an asking $3K below that to sweeten the deal and everyone in the business knows you bought it by Black Book cost which is $10-$13.5K.

Again, anyone interested...BEWARE!

On the subject of my maturity, trying to belittle me because I'm warning my fellow forum members of a possible scam? I think you just proved I'm right.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:37 PM   #13
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Phew...not your average thread...I do really like that color
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:37 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipE350 View Post
Phew...not your average thread...I do really like that color
Tell me about it... Thanks, yeah the color was a $3000 option when new.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:24 AM   #15

Garage
Get out the asbestos jumpsuit in order to read this thread !!
Old 10-31-2011, 03:17 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger View Post
Get out the asbestos jumpsuit in order to read this thread !!
No $hit and +1 on that Danger!

Good luck with your sale fella.

'01 S - Guards Red / Beige - Surrendered - 04.18.12
jwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:26 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwade View Post
No $hit and +1 on that Danger!

Good luck with your sale fella.
I appreciate that
Old 11-01-2011, 08:19 PM   #18

Price reduced!!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:28 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrewer View Post
Price reduced!!
See! I told you there is no such thing as a "firm" price with a dealer. Low ball him, agree on a price subject to a PPI and you have a good deal.

2000 Boxster 2.7l red/black

Previous cars

1973 Opel Manta
1969(?) Fiat 850 Convertible
1979 Lancia Beta Coupe
1981 Alfa Romeo GTV 6
1985 Alfa Romeo Graduate
1985 Porsche 944
1989 Porsche 944
1981 Triumph TR7
1989 (?) Alfa Romeo Milano
1993 Saab 9000
san rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:28 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by san rensho View Post
See! I told you there is no such thing as a "firm" price with a dealer. Low ball him, agree on a price subject to a PPI and you have a good deal.
You enjoy talking out of your ass don't you?